Orbx Scenery shown as NOT INSTALLED in MSFS Content Manager

I have 7 Orbx products all installed to my library outside MSFS. I use MSFS Addons Linker to create symbolic links when needed. However, when I look in Content Manager 'Landmarks London City Pack' is listed as NOT INSTALLED, download available. This should not be listed here at all and I don't seem to have a way of removing it. Any ideas?

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

Perhaps the links you are making yourself are not working.

You could try using Orbx Central's Sync Simulator instead, as Orbx intend you to do.

Of course the products are listed in the Content Manager, this was one of the earliest

reported errors and was fixed long ago in one of the MSFS updates.

2.jpg

My links are all working. I have attached 2 images. The first image is what I get when the London Landmarks are NOT linked. The second is what I get when I link Landmarks London City Pack. All other scenery packs behave as expected and I don't get this duplicated entry. For some reason Flight Simulator thinks the London City Pack belongs in it's content. I have never installed the package there and there is no reason for it to be showing up here. Is there a config file, registry entry or some other point that can be edited to remove this conflict? This was not caused by me installing to the sim and then changing my mind or anything like that, so it is not something that I have done or not done that caused this. As stated, all other scenery packs do not give this error.

Not Linked.png

Linked.png

If you purchase through the Microsoft Store will the product also show up in Orbx Central? It is possible I bought it through Microsoft Store because I have a few purchases there, but in tracking them you don't get details of the item, only that you purchased x points. My account with Orbx shows 7 purchases including the London Pack and the ability to install it from there. I don't think I purchased it twice (hopefully). Does the Microsoft Store purchase get added to the Orbx account or do you think that I have in fact bought this twice?

Hello,

unless the product was bought at the Microsoft Store, it cannot show as not installed but available for download,

as indeed it does in your screen shot.

The Content Manager cannot show a product that is not installed but available if it was bought elsewhere, because

it is simply not in the Microsoft Store database.

Products that were bought elsewhere do show in the Content Manager but only if they are installed and even then,

they will identify as "Community"

Your image here, illustrates this:

1.jpg

If you open the Microsoft Store and in your Library, accessed by clicking on the three dots at the top right, look for "Owned", you will see it.

Does a product purchased through the Microsoft Store get added to the Orbx account? As you can see from the images, London City Pack appears as a product available for download from the Orbx account as well as the Microsoft Store.

Image 1.jpg

Image 2.jpg

Hello,

the two marketing systems are entirely separate and neither can see a purchase made in the other one.

Did you also take a look at your Marketplace  account and see if you have bought the products there as well?

If you did, there will be no price.

4.jpg

Archived