Orbx Object Flow Causing kernelbase.dll Crash

Hi team,

After almost a week of trial and error, I had to wipe my C drive today and reinstall everything from scratch. 

I had been getting the following error for a few months, but recently it has been crashing the sim mid way through a long haul.

Anyway, after the wipe, and a reinstall of windows, I nailed it down to object flow. 

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 5.0.31.35253, time stamp: 0x5eebf566
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.662, time stamp: 0xec58f015
Exception code: 0xc0020001
Fault offset: 0x000000000002d759
Faulting process id: 0x1bcc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6e4dd654e958c
Faulting application path: C:\Prepar3d v5\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: f659e727-264b-4571-9673-ea5a2b7b8187
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

On searching the forums it seems I am not the only one by far. Any ideas on how this can be resolved? It seems having it uninstalled will certainly have an impact on the immersion factor.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

May I recall to ObjectFlow team that I send several messages on this topic.

On 8/22/2020 at 7:13 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

thank you.

I'll move this to the Orbx Central forum, where its developers should see it.

@Mitchell Williamson

Except Nick transfering this message to another forum, I never get any feedback from Mitchell Wiliamson, not even that he was not able to reproduce it.

So I wish you good luck Adam, I hope you will be more sucessful ... and I will carefully follow this topic...

Gérard

Hello,

objectflow is the way that Orbx controls the scenery items that vary with time and season.

In some cases, this includes very obvious things, like runways, taxiways and airport buildings.

It also controls windsocks in older products, though SODE has taken over that task in newer ones.

Australia v2 does not use it.

Archived