P3d v5 default airports overlap with Orbx Global airports

yurirodin

Hello, welcome to the froums.

The pack was not scheduled for release for P3D v5 because the changes made to the default airports by Lockheed Martin

introduced anomalies such as this into addon airports that use default objects from previous versions of P3D.

Customer demand prompted a change of policy but they are offered as they are.

Customers are invited to post any fixes they may make here.

OK, thanks. This is not normally a problem for me with a single airport since I just find the OBX dot BGL file for the particular problem airport and delete it. In this case I just picked a random airport I liked and saw the conflict after installing the pack. So I would assume this would be a problem at most airports that the pack upgrades and my method would not be practical for all of them. The airport I was referencing in this case is BGGH (I just picked it at random) and after deleting the OBX34090.bgl file everything is looking good (see pic). Is this a correct solution to these types of issues?2020-12-31_14-38-4-518.thumb.jpg.00ca4e719c7982e1efd9afdba6040438.jpg

Yeah, that's not the best way sadly as that file will affect other Airports too … the best way is to use ADE then open up the Orbx Airport from your pack then get it to load default objects then delete them one by one and compile the file … It will leave small exclude areas which will remove the default buildings etc (may have to rename the file to the one in the airport pack)  ... you can also just use an Airport wide exclude, but you risk  removing Jetways and Night lights.

I checked out that site and downloaded ADE. After having spent a couple of days learning about it, my understanding of the manipulation of P3D files is much improved. Now that I have better tools, I wish I hadn't just gone in there and deleted some of those files. Default scenery showing through an add-on like that can easily be solved with ADE and a YouTube video. Live and learn.

Archived