Who is in charge of this Forum? Received a crude disgusting message!!!

Lionhart27

Hello,

in October from memory, the forum was attacked by "bots" who left these unfortunate messages for a great many of our customers.

The cause of the attack has been isolated and the opening that made it possible has been closed.

"Bots" are not people and although they have registered at the forums, they are not your fellow customers.

We cannot access private messages, because they are private and hidden from everyone except those who send and receive them.

People such as yourself, who do not visit the forum very often, are still finding them.

We advise you to simply delete the message or, if you report it using the reporting system instead of this method, the bot will be banned forever.

I regret that you and your fellow customers have received these messages at all but it was not our doing, nor was it because we should have done something that we did not.

If you go to the message and click on the three little dots in the top right hand corner it will give you the option to report the message. This will send the message contents and any comments you make on the report to the moderators.

As Nick said they can’t see private messages unless you do this.

Damn! I miss all the good stuff. I feel neglected - I never got one of those <grin>

But seriously, you do wonder about people sometimes. It may have been a bot doing the actual posting, but behind every bot there's a (supposedly) human being. What exactly do they get out of doing this, I wonder?

Archived