How do the True Earth sceneries work?

Rowcoach

Good morning,

I’m curious about the GB True Earth series - specifically the GB North. I already have FTX-Scotland as well as Europe LC. Would I need to uninstall those two packages before installing the True Earth scenery? Is it compatible with other 3rd party airports (specifically UK2000)?

Last question. On the product page it says that it is summer season only. Does that mean that by installing True Earth, you won’t see any changing seasons?

Thank you,

Colin

Hello,

True Earth products are photo scenery.

They do not need any other products to work, except of course their own included libraries

and the Orbx Libraries.

UK 2000 airports add their own photo inserts and if you use them, the autogen around the

airport will be adversely affected. This was debated in detail at the UK 2000 forums and you should be

able to find the solution, kindly provided by one of the UK 2000 customers.

The statement that you will only see the summer season does indeed mean that regardless of the simulator

seasonal setting, you will only see the summer season textures.

2 hours ago, Rowcoach said:

Would I need to uninstall those two packages before installing the True Earth scenery?

Hi Colin,

No, you do not need to uninstall FTX Scotland or openLC Europe in order to use TrueEarth Great Britain.

As Nick said, TrueEarth GB is a stand alone product and does not benefit from having either FTX Scotland or openLC Europe installed. 

However, areas outside of the TrueEarth GB coverage area will still benefit from those products.  Like the improved land class for the rest of Europe!

If you occasionally still want to fly around in winter, keep FTX Scotland installed.  You can then disable TrueEarth Great Britain in the P3D Add-on menu and then fly around in FTX Scotland winter scenery.  When you are done, just enable TE GB again to get the summer photo scenery back again.

Archived