EGGP for P3DV4 please, PLEASE

rod55

Dear Ed, Nick and Team

I've been wishing for John Lennon Liverpool, from Orbx or Partner, for a few years. Apart from being my maternal city, Mum and family were raised on the Anfield Road, Liverpool is a great launch pad between Ireland and England as well as a destination in it's own right and a point between Scotland and the English Midlands; a phenomenal city! Other family were from Cumbria; farm workers and Merchant Seamen.

I am and shall remain a loyal supporter of the superb Lockheed Martin platform P3D; great for serious pilots.

I am delighted with the quality of P3DV4.5(hf3); and so I have no NEED to leave it behind for LM's current version P3DV5. I'm guessing there'll be several others who agree with the sense of this.

I admit to not having the IT or business sense to know whether this is feasible BUT could Orbx have a chat with your Partner Digital Design whose recent EGGP appears compatible only with P3DV5. (Of course I hope my assumption is wrong). Can Digital Design please "tweak" it so it is compatible with P3DV4.5. My Visa card is ready for action.

Thanks for the immense pleasure I get from these wonderful Orbx products. I will definitely remain loyal.

I raise my glass "Here's to HOPE!" for next year.

Rod

EGBB

PS and  "A BLOOMIN' MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL"

Liverpool is my home, and EGGP my home airport. I feel very lucky that Microsoft and Asobo said they will do a handcrafted version of EGGP for free in the upcoming UK World update for MSFS 2020 (and I have a suspicion that Orbx might have been contracted to do this), and Digital Design already released theirs. So eventually I'll get to compare the free Asobo version with Digital Design's payware version to see which one works better. I too have been requesting Orbx to do their version of EGGP for a while.

Anyways here's the version that I think will work with Prepar3D 4.5: https://secure.simmarket.com/digital-design-liverpool-p3d.phtml but you can ask the developer if in doubt: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1963386440541354/

Hi Christopher and EvidencePlz

many thanks for your very helpful replies; much appreciated.

For EGGP relevant Regional Scenery I have Orbx EUEngland. 

Is the available EGGP for P3Dv4 obtainable at the Digital Design website. If not, where from?

So Christopher, is EGGP for P3Dv4 compatible with the Orbx Regional scenery?

I try to keep flight simulator stuff and installation method as simple and tidy as I can; not a range of other 3rd party stuff; with the exception of Flight1 GTN. 

So it would be reassuring for me to obtain EGGP for P3Dv4 via Orbx CENTRAL. Any views and advice from the Orbx TEAM?

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Merry Christmas, Rod

EGBB (blimey, we've got blue skies today ......... I'll try and 'go missing' and do some flying!)

I use Digital Design EGGP Liverpool with Orbx TrueEarth GB Central, and it works fine after some adjustments....

• I disabled the three Orbx EGGP files (airport/flatten/objects)
  • I added exclusions in the AFD file to disable some Orbx wind turbines
  • I added an exclusion in the AFD file to disable the Orbx version of the Mersey Gateway Bridge

I have not noticed any other problems, but there could be one or two that are hard to spot.

I do not know what you would need to do with Orbx FTX England, but I suspect that something similar could be done.

Archived