Orbx KTIW Tacma bridge issue

FraBan55

Hi Jon,

I changed the scenery_packs ini file, but that didn't do the trick.

I,ve installed the Washington TE scenery with Orbx Central, maybe this program doesn't do the job very well.

I noticed that the tunnel boxes on both sides of the bridge are part of the default x-plane scenery.

somehow they are not excluded by the  layer of Washington TE scenery.

In the default x-plane scenery the roads are going downhill approaching the low x-plane bridge.

That is exactly what traffic is doing still, after Washington TE installation. Traffic is disappearing under both  entrances of the bridge.

The train under the bridge is disappearing as well.

Installing KTIW airport including the surrounding areas with the remodelled Tacoma bridge doesn't resolve this behaviour.

As you can see in the pictures in  my other posts earlier. I uninstalled KTIW and Washington TE reinstalled the scenery again to start from the beginning

Thats why the ini file is a bit different. In this scenario I've only installed Washington TE and Orbx stuff.

I'll send you  my scenery ini file i'm using right now, Hope you can figure out what has happened here.

I thank you for your patience and time,

kind regards,

Frans

central.log

scenery_packs.ini

Hi Sentry11

So I see that it is possible to get it right, not  a bug, maybe an installation problem.

Did you download and install the Washington TE and KTIW scenery with Orbx Central or manualy.?

Have you installed the Washington enhancement pack as well?

regards.

Frans

6 hours ago, FraBan55 said:

Hi Sentry11

So I see that it is possible to get it right, not  a bug, maybe an installation problem.

Did you download and install the Washington TE and KTIW scenery with Orbx Central or manualy.?

Have you installed the Washington enhancement pack as well?

regards.

Frans

@Sentry11 please advise further if a mod was required or are you looking at the result of a normal installation picture being shown in your post?

Hi Jon,

i've solved the problem.

I cleared all the Orbx files in different directories including Orbx Central and downloaded and installed the files once more.

Due to the long download time, it is important to do so, without cpu or gpu overclock.

I got traffic on the bridge now, though the original bridge of Washington TE scenery was not aligned correctly, no traffic was coming across. Installation of the KTIW

scenery package took care of that. Now everything looks fine. But now i wonder if the Washington TE scenery is correct, regarding the bridge.

The only weird thing  i can see now is that cars crash into each other. This isn't a big deal for me, you got bad drivers everywhere, also in Tacoma city, so i can live with that.

Anyway I thank you for rearranging my scenery _packs.ini file.

Kind regards,

Frans

1186648792_Airfoillabs_C172SP_high_res-2020-12-2214_28_18.thumb.png.8c36f1fc70a1653f38a6307c9102ec2d.png

Big accident on the Tacoma side of the bridge. unfortunately all cars heading to Tacoma are blocked and disappear.

scenery_packs.ini

Archived