Desert looks like a farmland

I installed the NA land class because I was trying to break away from MegaScenry.  However, Arizona doesn’t look like a desert.  Maybe there is not a desert texture, one reason I want to see more true earth states,   Will installing the base class help, I figured I didn’t need it since I just stay in the USA thanks 

btw Orbx preformance works very well in p3d 5.1 hf 1 

Hi Dean,

By the base class, do you mean FTX Global Base?  If so, then yes, you do actually require that product for Open LC NA to work correctly.  The reason is that Global Base is responsible for replacing/upgrading the default ground textures on a worldwide basis.  The Open LC products are responsible for replacing the arrangement of those textures in the regions they are designed for.

Cheers,

Here is a diagram which shows how the various layers of scenery work, or at least what the separate layers are.  You can think of Open LC products as instructions which tell the sim where to place the correct textures.  Global Base actually provides those corrected textures.

Orbx region vs global.jpg

I installed the Base and vectors, that helped however still does not look like a desert but that make be the way it looks like in the P3D world.  This is why I like the True Earth (which is amazing actually).  Great diagram.  I am not sure if Orbx has plans for more TE or not.  I know that many are moving to MSFS but I think that might be a while before it gets stable.  We will see, thanks for the info.

Archived