Very Slow Frame Rates At The New Orbx EGNT Airport (X-Plane 11.50)

orbmoke

I have noticed that when I fly into the new Orbx Newcastle Airport (EGNT) and approach the main concourse airport buildings, the frame rate drops off quite markedly. Flying over the airport there is no problem with my frame rate. Also, no problem taxiing near the other airport buildings at other sections of the airfield. Flying over the airport I get 30+ fps, but taxxing close to the main airport buildings it drops to less than 10 fps.

I have seen/heard this problem mentioned on a YouTube video yesterday featuring this new Newcastle Airport scenery for the X-Plane 11 simulator. I was just wondering if any other users are aware of this frame rate issue with this new scenery?

Ok Jon - thanks for pointing those out. At least Orbx are aware of the problem. Just thought that it was important that I mentioned it also as I hadn't seen these posts that you quote above. I did make an effort to search for references to this problem but at the time, couldn't see any on this forum.

You mentioned in a response to the blogs posted elswhere that due to the high detail of the airport buidings at EGBT, one should expect a drop off in frame rates when close to these buildings, but I don't get a massive drop in fps at the other buildings at this particular airport, at least not to the extent that I get at the main concourse buildings. Also, I am not seeing any large drop off of frame rates at other UK Orbx airports, like Southampton, Leeds/Bradford etc.

At Southampton and Leeds/Bradford for example, I'm seeing maybe a fps drop from 30 down to 20 maybe as I approach the airport buildings (I'm fine with that by the way), but as I say, at EGNT, it's dropping from 30 plus down to below 10 fps.

Archived