XP11 TrueEarth EU Balearic Islands

Jonay

Hi, just picked this up in the sales, and i am quite disappointed in it compared to the GB and LOWI regions for detail.

Yes the orthographic mesh and overlays are great, but the quantity and quality of the custom buildings seem to be lacking in comparison.

LESB on Mallorca is just basic runway and taxiways (poorly) overlaid ontop of the ortho - there are no buildings or any parked aircraft that I have come to expect from Orbx's standard of work.

I haven't fully explored the complete region but seems like an unfinished product in comparison.

I have  looked at that particular airport and it looks OK to me. Buildings are there and there's even a helicopter buzzing around.

Perhaps your layering isn't right in your scenery_packs .ini

I suggest posting on the X-Plane support forum with your scenery_ packs.ini attached so someone can check it for you.

I have rearranged slightly your scenery_packs.ini.

Regarding LESB, I attach 2 pics of what I see at LESB. There are buildings and a fire engine etc, so there is something not right your end I am afraid.

Please note that no enhanced airports appear in any True Earth addon. They are all Laminar default aiports. The folder of Orbx_A_EU_Spain_Balearic_TE_Airports is purely to realign the airports to a correct alignment due to the differenc ein alignment between inaccurate default Laminar scenery and the actual photo scenery. They are not enhanced airports.

Orbx LOWI was not a True Earth addon. It was/is an Airport addon which included some extensive photo ortho imagery of the surrounding area. It was the Airport that was the focus of the addon, so it is not a good comparison as they are different products.

Have you got your XP setting of World Objects set to maximum as required?

Capture.thumb.JPG.7a381391195f7d81c1f87d493ec56453.JPG

Capture1.thumb.JPG.8919924bf1e50b8cecd17c07c8db8a2d.JPG

scenery_packs.ini

On 12/4/2020 at 6:33 AM, Jon Clarke said:

I have rearranged slightly your scenery_packs.ini.

Regarding LESB, I attach 2 pics of what I see at LESB. There are buildings and a fire engine etc, so there is something not right your end I am afraid.

Please note that no enhanced airports appear in any True Earth addon. They are all Laminar default aiports. The folder of Orbx_A_EU_Spain_Balearic_TE_Airports is purely to realign the airports to a correct alignment due to the differenc ein alignment between inaccurate default Laminar scenery and the actual photo scenery. They are not enhanced airports.

Orbx LOWI was not a True Earth addon. It was/is an Airport addon which included some extensive photo ortho imagery of the surrounding area. It was the Airport that was the focus of the addon, so it is not a good comparison as they are different products.

Have you got your XP setting of World Objects set to maximum as required?

Thanks for the modified .ini file - I tried it again and still does not look as per your screenshots. It may be the simheaven VFR scenery interfering with it. If as you say its default XP11 scenery just realigned then they must have edited it somehow to not have the taxiway markings, buildings, static objects etc. 

Here is another screenshot since replacing with your .ini

Whilst on the subject of LOWI and what you've stated above, I also attached a screenshot from the LOWI product page - which also does not directly state that it is a TrueEarth addon but instead "in TrueEarth style" - it certainly gives that impression and the product reflects that - i have no complaints at all - i feel no different flying around this "mini-region" than I so in any of the GB addons, so I felt it was a relative comparison.

LESB.PNG

LOWI.PNG

LOWI, I meant it contains photo imagery like True Earth or True Earth style.

I don't know what version of XP you have but it is not showing the default LESB airport as I have shown and as john548 has indicated in his post.

I am attaching a zipped copy of the default LESB from the Gateway website where all XP default airports are stored. Unzip and add to the Custom Scenery folder,

It then becomes an "addon" version overwrites the copy contained in the Global Airports folder. It will automatically sit on the top of your scenery_packs.ini which is where it needs to be so no adjustment required in the scenery_pack.

LESB_Scenery_Pack.zip

• 3 months later...

have to say I was going to buy this as it is a destination i use a lot, however having looked at the promo pics all i can say is what were Orbx thinking of? the green used in the country is not just wrong it is awful ! in fairness to Orbx i have in the past tried to download decent photoscenery from google, bing, arcgis, uncle tom cobbly and all so i understand their dilemna with different tiles being different colours but to use the shade of green  they did is just not on. and speaking of colours what is the med famous for ??????  its blue seas  ! so why are they green??? especially near the shore hopefully someone will tumble on this and spare a day changing a few things after which i will happily buy it , but as it is with a horrible assortment of buildings, this is not at all up to the normal standard of Orbx

2 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

@Nick Cooper Please move the last post to an appropriate forum like XP11 Discussion as it is more of a comment/opinion post rather than a support issue and close this topic as it was resolved/completed in December. Thanks

well if that is correct why are Orbx still using the old photos in its advertising as it puts off buyers ?

Archived