Horizon thick Haze

Just installed V5.1 H1 and seeing a great haze in the not to distant Horizon

Yesterday I flew Orbx AusV2 - NZ North Region - at around 5000'

and today - OLC n/America - at 25000 approaching Houston ex Randolph identical haze

These are 2 screenshots from that flight

EA is Off - Clear skies

Is this normal????

Screenshot 2020-11-25 163533.jpg

Screenshot 2020-11-25 163741.jpg

I get the impression LM have adopted the XPlane 11 view that because their part of the world is a smog and haze ridden landscape we all have to share their misfortune.  And it also helps boost performance not having to show details much further away.  But yes, I think we are stuck with this haze from now on.

I may be one of the few  but i actually like a bit of haze but agree it's a bit too pronounced and would prefer it to blend in a bit better... hope it will look better once we get REX SKYFORCE 3D into P3D5.1... i had it working in v5.0 just dont want to chance it in 5.1  with the update just round the corner.

6 hours ago, keenrw said:

I may be one of the few  but i actually like a bit of haze but agree it's a bit too pronounced and would prefer it to blend in a bit better... hope it will look better once we get REX SKYFORCE 3D into P3D5.1... i had it working in v5.0 just dont want to chance it in 5.1  with the update just round the corner.

That is interesting - I have SF3D and didnt bother with v5 - hardly used it in V4

do I understand that using it in V5 reduced the haze say - on a clear day

When is update due ??

Archived