Heads Up on a Clashing Freeware Scenery File With Kelowana, CYLW

I sent this message to the designer of the Freeware Scenery of 5b2 Saratoga County Airport. 

Just a heads up, I had something in my Community folder that was clashing with Orbx Payware CYLW Kelowana. And foolishly, I wasn't keeping track of my installed files and when I put things in. Went to test out Kamloops, BC, CN (FreeWare) so I took a flight from there over to Kelowana, and just as the valley came into sight, and before I could drop in to the valley, I got a CTD... emptied out the Community folder and did a raw re-install of Kelowana and started the task of re-installing everything I had, 240 some files, starting from Kelowana each time. Today I put too new files in. Yours and Mountain Top Lake STOL field just north of Darrington Muni, in Washington  State. I got the CTD... removed the Mountain Top first as it was the closest to Kelowana, and it still CTD'ed when I tried to start at CYLW. Removed your file and no more issue. Shut computer down, got a fresh start, and I've reinstalled your file four times, and every time I try to start at or fly into Kelowana, I get a CTD. So I've made the permanent removal. Don't understand why it would have any effect on a scenery that is not even in the same region but it is. Will let Obrix know as well. Thanks for listening! Robin

Just thought I would let you know should anyone else be experiencing the same issue. The Free ware file is available at Flightsim.to and has the following file name:

fwas-airport-5b2-v2_GpuQF.zip  Saratoga County

Hope this helps someone else...   Robin 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Prior to either the last or previous update, there was a CTD associated with some scenery that contained Living World Config files.  One of my airports was afflicted with the CTD as well.  Mine caused CTD's if you started at any airport on the east coast pretty much.  The fix was to remove the Living World config file from the scenery's layout.json file.

Asobo has since fixed that particular bug.  So this airport, which has Living World Config and Services files may no longer be a problem.

(Not to mention his Living World Config file has EVERYTHING in it at jacked up numbers, so I still keep it removed because there's another bug that the last Living World Config file in the Community folder loaded governs all Living World Configs, so my GA airport I was trying to reduce ground traffic on has crazy amounts of traffic.  I'm not sure if Asobo has fixed that bug yet.  I'm not sure if this is in Asobo's requirements, but, it seems to me, that local Living World Config and Services files should only affect the airport they are associated with.)

Edited by FlyingsCool

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2020 at 4:15 PM, MemyselfandI said:

I sent this message to the designer of the Freeware Scenery of 5b2 Saratoga County Airport. 

Just thought I would let you know should anyone else be experiencing the same issue. The Free ware file is available at Flightsim.to and has the following file name:

fwas-airport-5b2-v2_GpuQF.zip  Saratoga County

Hope this helps someone else...   Robin 

Ive just discovered a similar issue, after several different fault solving attempts I discovered that starting any flight, in any ac, at cylw caused a CTD at the end of the load screen. 
I uninstalled the market place version and tired again with the same CTD issue.
I searched in the folders and found another entry for cylw but this time from the FSSTUDIOS version of the same name. (FSIMSTUDIOS-AIRPORT-CYLW-KELOWNA) a 08 byte file. 

I had purchased the airport via Orbx and also in the MSFS market place. 

Ive deleted anything I could find with the cylw in the totle re-installed it from Marketplace but it still crashe to DT at this one location.

Please help. 

Edited by paul pg

On 1/5/2021 at 9:40 AM, FlyingsCool said:

Prior to either the last or previous update, there was a CTD associated with some scenery that contained Living World Config files.  One of my airports was afflicted with the CTD as well.  Mine caused CTD's if you started at any airport on the east coast pretty much.  The fix was to remove the Living World config file from the scenery's layout.json file.

Asobo has since fixed that particular bug.  So this airport, which has Living World Config and Services files may no longer be a problem.

(Not to mention his Living World Config file has EVERYTHING in it at jacked up numbers, so I still keep it removed because there's another bug that the last Living World Config file in the Community folder loaded governs all Living World Configs, so my GA airport I was trying to reduce ground traffic on has crazy amounts of traffic.  I'm not sure if Asobo has fixed that bug yet.  I'm not sure if this is in Asobo's requirements, but, it seems to me, that local Living World Config and Services files should only affect the airport they are associated with.)

Thanks for the info!

• 4 weeks later...

I have just started to have CTDs with same airport - Kelowna. Has been ok a few weeks ago, but today tried to fly there from the south. First time there for at least a couple of weeks. CTD about 5 miles out. I thought it was just one of those things, so tried again with same result. I then discovered that I couldn't even set off from there!

I have tried removing all recent additions, payware and freeware. Included KORS as recent update and 11S. Also a couple of NZ addons, and the superb Gatwick freeware which have all been updated recently.

None of this has helped, nor has removing the rolling cache.

Not sure what else to do. I haven't removed the G3000 mod but wouldn't think that could be involved. Likewise the recent Navigraph update.

I will keep looking - but it really bothers me that this airport is obviously causing problems!

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Richard