Orbx Airports, Objectflow and Installation Libraries

Hi,

I recently had an issue with Orbx products installation, which, although now fixed, has left some open questions for which I would like an answer. I have recently made a complete reformat/reinstall of my system (Win10 Home) and I have installed P3D V5 (with latest hot fix), and then I installed all my long list of Orbx products, choosing to install them inside the P3D main folder. Yesterday I was starting a flight from ESSA and I noticed that there were no ground markings on the apron and taxiways, so I remembered another post explaining that it may be caused by Objectflow not working properly. I uninstalled Objectflow, created a new "My Library" and reinstalled Objectflow there. Restarted the sim but the situation had not changed. I tried other Orbx airports (LOWI, LEBB, etc..) but they had all the same problem. Next thing I did was migrating all my Orbx airports to My Library, and this solved the issue for all of the them.

My questions are:

a) Why did I have to move everything into an external library to have everything working properly ? Is it normal ? 

b) For now I have migrated all the airports, but based on the above, do I have to migrate also the other things such as Vector and Open LC (I know Global Base cannot be migrated) ?

c) After the migration I found in my scenery list two additional entries: Orbx Libraries Global and Orbx libraries lookup. While I understand from other posts that their position in the scenery library is irrelevant, why have they appeared only after the migration ? Was I missing something before ?

Thanks for helping me to understand what happened

Regards

Ezio 

Hello,

a. there should be no need to move anything into an Orbx Library, except objectflow.

That does have to be in such a Library and most customers find that it does not work

if that Library is inside the Users folder.

b. based on my answer above, you do not need to migrate any of the listed products.

c. the additional entries refer only to files that were previously replaced and now require

a scenery library entry. They are not the whole product.

37 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

a. there should be no need to move anything into an Orbx Library, except objectflow.

That does have to be in such a Library and most customers find that it does not work

if that Library is inside the Users folder.

Nick,

thanks for your answers. However, my point a) still puzzles me: why were my Orbx airports not working when they were installed inside P3D main folder, despite Objectflow was in the new library outside the Users folder, and I had to move also them into that library in order to have Objectflow working correctly ?

In other words I had:

LEBB, LOWI, ESSA...etc , installed inside the main P3D folder + Objectflow installed in a created folder outside the Users folder (i.e. C.\Orbx) = no taxiways signs and other things depicted.

I migrated the airports into the same C.\Orbx library, and everything worked flawlessly.

That's strange, isn' t it ?

Ezio   

Archived