Orbx Central.exe has disappeared from my computer

plco43

Good Morning All

Don't know what's going on.  Clicked on the shortcut for Orbx Central this morning, and got the message "The item "Orbx Central.exe" that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly.  Do you want to delete this shortcut?". I did a search on both my C: and D: drives and it couldn't find any trace of Orbx Central.exe or Orbx-central.  The folder Orbx-central-updater is still present in C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local, and looking inside that folder there is a folder "pending" and a file called package.7z which is 79,874kb.  Inside the pending folder are two files, Orbx-central-4.1.23.exe which is 685kb, and update-info.json . The strange thing is it was working fine earlier this week.  I've never had a problem with it before.

My computer is a fairly new HP with an i5 processor, 16gb RAM, running Windows 10 Home version 1909, C: is a 250gb SSD and D: is a 2Tb hard drive

Would appreciate help before I start clicking buttons trying to get it back without knowing what I am doing.

Thanks

Graham

Hi Doug

Thanks for the suggestion, but it doesn't appear to be the case.  I use Norton Internet Security, and I've checked through the quarantine list and the scan logs but there's nothing.  It's like it just vanished overnight.  I'm going to try downloading and reinstalling it.  See what happens.

Graham

Archived