Still Baffled on Installation and Order of Scenery Levels

After doing my best here, I am still finding conflicting and baffling information on installation and order of scenery. Is the previous Global Base folded into the new OpenLC Europe? I don't believe it's working, because Vesuvius doesn't look as advertised, unless I picked the wrong biggest mountain on the Bay of Naples.

Everything installed through Central into a recognized library and added in the scenery option until OpenLC Europe, which surprised me as I'll show.

First products: Global Base with Trees just above it, moved *below* all the third-party (including Orbx) airports. Everything from Orbx is installed from Central into a folder I created called "Orbx Library" in my user folder and added through P3Dv5's scenery. There was a nice difference in the way the world and the trees looked. I was pretty happy.

Second couple of products: OpenLC Europe and Vector, installed the same way. But now something unexpected happens. I get three new files for OpenLC Europe and Global Base disappeared. Vector shows up as usual. Now, a cruise around Naples shows no noticeable difference. I also get a message on startup that I'm missing 149 which is 0000 Base, Scenery/0000 

So here we go with the pictures that probably reveal I'm an idiot. But it feels like everybody is trying to hit a moving target with P3Dv5. And here's the XML I found in the Orbx folder inside P3Dv5. Nothing shows up in Add-Ons, btw.

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000256 EndHTML:000012759 StartFragment:000000336 EndFragment:000012722 StartSelection:000000336 EndSelection:000012722 SourceURL:file:///C:/Program%20Files/Lockheed%20Martin/Prepar3D%20v5/Orbx/Config/global-base-add-on.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<SimBase.Document id="add-on" version="4,0" Type="AddOnXml"> <AddOn.Name>Orbx Global BASE Pack</AddOn.Name> <AddOn.Description>This add-on package contains Orbx Global BASE Pack.</AddOn.Description> <AddOn.Component> <Category>Effects</Category> <Path>Effects</Path> </AddOn.Component> <AddOn.Component> <Category>Scenery</Category> <Path>Orbx\FTX_OLC\OLC_AA</Path> <Name>Orbx Global BASE_OLC_AA</Name> </AddOn.Component> <AddOn.Component> <Category>Scenery</Category> <Path>Orbx\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU1</Path> <Name>Orbx Global BASE_OLC_EU1</Name> </AddOn.Component> <AddOn.Component> <Category>Scenery</Category> <Path>Orbx\FTX_OLC\OLC_NA1</Path> <Name>Orbx Global BASE_OLC_NA1</Name> </AddOn.Component> <AddOn.Component> <Category>Scenery</Category> <Path>Scenery\Global</Path> <Name>Orbx Global Base Scenery</Name> </AddOn.Component> <AddOn.Component> <Category>Texture</Category> <Path>Texture</Path> <Type>GLOBAL</Type> </AddOn.Component> <AddOn.Component> <Category>Texture</Category> <Path>Scenery\World\Texture</Path> <Type>WORLD</Type> </AddOn.Component> </SimBase.Document>

Screenshot 2020-11-02 053648.jpg

Screenshot 2020-11-02 061749.jpg

Hello,

your scenery library will not work like that, it looks like you have made it yourself.

Please use Orbx Central's Insertion Point tool.

Set Airports and Regions to just below your lowest other developer's addon.

Judging by your picture, that's Jetstream Milan.

Leave the openLC entries below the Airports and regions.

You will see a blue notification bar, wait until it has turned green.

then try P3D again.

Insertion Point Tool, eh? Who knew? That did the trick. Thanks! In my defense, on the My Products page the user guides that come up don't mention this. It's buried in settings and easy to miss, unless I'm, um, missing something. Looks great! Thanks again for the prompt response!

Regards,

Timothy Capps

2020-11-2_13-10-31-915.jpg

Archived