Whats the Official word on P3Dv5.1 and Orbx products please?

5 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

which products are you having trouble with?

Hiya Nick, I havent installed it yet, I, trying to find out what works with it first before I do. Is there no list of compatible products for 5.1 yet or are they all assumed to work with it? 

Hello,

they are all assumed to work.

However, there have been numerous changes made to P3D by its developers

and some of them may impact some products.

I do not anticipate that the impact, where it exists, will be serious.

I would expect that most products will not be adversely affected.

9 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

they are all assumed to work.

However, there have been numerous changes made to P3D by its developers

and some of them may impact some products.

I do not anticipate that the impact, where it exists, will be serious.

I would expect that most products will not be adversely affected.

thanks Nick, does that mean Orbx are waiting on the community to report back with findings or Orbx are actively testing now in order to produce a list and confirm what is working without issue? 

Uninstalled v5 via Ctrl Pnl - rebooted system - installed v5.1 ~~~ not a happy bunny!

Test flight out of Leeds (Orbx EGNM + ALL Global Land Class + England etc, etc...)

Water, water everywhere with large black blocks of 'scenery'...pics below:

Tried some of the 'new' upgraded default P3D airports:

Lisbon LPPT is OK; Orly LFPO has black blocks of scenery; Copenhagen EKCH also has large black blocks which turn into what I assume to be night textures complete with street lighting! No pics - trust me!

Uninstalled v5.1 - rebooted - reinstalled ~~~ exactly the same!

Just about to uninstall 5.1 and REinstall v5 to complete my fun day...

So disappointing.

Ken ;)

Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v5 30_10_2020 10_10_24.png

Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v5 30_10_2020 10_10_43.png

Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v5 30_10_2020 14_11_54.png

I installed 5.1 (not just the client but everything) and now I dont see Vector listed in here as i normally do. Is this normal? (I did verify all the files in Orbx). Everything works but i cannot tell if Orbx stuff is really  installed or not (however I do see green checkmarks in my Orbx install utility).

Capture.PNG

For me the problem I have in the new version P3D v5.1 is with Great Britain TrueEarth.

After selecting the airport (for example EGKK, EGBB and EGPH) the simulator loading time is approximately 15 minutes and later to load the previously created flight plan taking off from that airport, again it takes about 10 minutes more to start the flight. Subsequently, to close the simulator, the waiting time exceeds 5 minutes.

In principle I have used the Verify Files option of the Orbx Central with the four Great Britain TrueEarth scenarios (North, Center, South and Libraries) but after more than 2 hours of updating, the problem has not been solved.

To solve it, I had to disable those scenarios within the simulator in Options / Add-ons and now the loading time after selecting the airport is approximately only 1.5 minutes.

I ask for your help to solve this problem… thank you very much.

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928

Hello,

version 5 of P3D seems to spend a very long time indexing files when it is first started.

You can observe the process in your Windows Resource Monitor\Disk tab.

On my PC it does this at a very sedate pace, whether it is TEGB or other addon scenery.

Loading takes several minutes and it is best to go away and do something else while it

takes place.

In my experience, this happens only on starting P3D for the first time since a computer

boot up. The second time, loading at the same place and with all the same scenery active,

the time comes down from perhaps six minutes to not much more than one minute.

Thanks Nick for your answer… and I agree… .. when P3Dv5.1 is run for the first time after boot up the computer, the loading time until the aircraft/airport selection screen appears is much longer than the second time and successive (with P3Dv4.5 the same thing happens) but that happens in both cases, with Great Britain TrueEarth enabled/disabled and I do something similar to what you do, I go to the kitchen and while I wait, I calmly make myself a good cup of coffee.

The problem I find is in the loading time from the aircraft/airport selection screen appears, until the aircraft is ready to start preparing it for the flight.

I have checked that time the first time after boot up the computer, and when these scenarios are enabled it is 13m48s and when they are disabled it is only 4m32s, that is to say that only for those scenarios the extra loading time is 9m16s which, honestly It seems excessive to me.

Of course, in the second and subsequent times that difference is shorter, but in no case less than 6m, which continues to seem excessive to me.

If Orbx considers that this is normal, we will have to accept it, but it seemed appropriate to convey to you my concern about such a long loading time as a consequence of these scenarios and I was wondering if it could due to some failure in my computer or in the configuration of the simulator .

In any case, again thank you very much for helping me Nick

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928

Archived