Installing my Orbx supported flight sims on a new PC build

B12

Firstly, know it says no support questions here, but since I own several Orbx supported Simulations it might be a bit daft to post this on each sim support board, its a genuine general question that should be seen and might be helpful for others too in my situation, might even warrant a sticky? ... anyway ...

Own FSX, Xplane11, Aerofly FS2, P3Dv5 and of course the new MS FS2020 Sim with lots and lots of Orbx titles for them ... great work by the way, love what you guys do.

New FS PC build coming up soon once the new Ryzen CPU's are out and am already planning ahead, goes without saying will freshly install each sim after a fresh install of the OS ETC, get them basically configured to my way I like and more ... but for adding scenery like Orbx again, its going to take time and lots of it, pretty good internet speeds here at last, but its still going to take a while.

For P3D and in Orbx Central, have the option to install my scenery to a separate library, have done this, so for P3D does this mean on new build I can install the sim a-fresh and point Orbx Central towards that scenery library and good to go?

I don't see this option for FSX, Aerofly FS2 or even FS2020, cant create a separate Orbx scenery library back up folder for those sims ... or can I?

In FSX I see an Orbx folder of large size, if I were to save that, would that work?

Do not have X-Plane 11 installed just now, never really got on with it, not my style and have un-installed it, may try it again and would need to download my Orbx scenery again, but its more the other sims I mentioned for Orbx back up am concerned about.

Thanks.

Hello,

you can use an Orbx Central Library for P3D v4, P3D v5, X Plane 11 and MSFS.

Orbx scenery is installed to steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator AddOns\scenery.

You can keep any of those and use Orbx Central to set them up after you have reinstalled your simulators.

For FSX, you can use this method:

Archived