Night and other improper textures in Southern California desert

Ralgh

I am seeing night and other improper textures in the Southern California desert with Global Base and NA Southern California installed. I have many Orbx products so to test I uninstalled everything and only installed Global Base and NA Southern California and am seeing this issue. If I have only one of these installed there is no problem but if I have both I see the wrong textures.

I have tried the actions in the pinned thread in this forum. I have tried both methods many times with Base and SoCal installed inside and outside the simulator folder and it did not fix the problem.

I have verified files for these products and every Orbx product I have multiple times and it did not solve the problem. 

I read a thread where it was said that when you uninstall a product it would leave a folder behind and you had to manually delete that folder before reinstalling the product to solve the problem. I tried to try that but I was unable to find any folders left behind to delete so that suggestion did not solve my problem.

I have read many thread where users are reporting similar problems but for the ones where the problem was not solved with the above methods many of those just sort of stop never reporting if the problem was solved or not. I have all but one or two of the scenery regions but so far I have only seen this in the California desert mainly between Palmdale, Daggett, Blythe and Palm Springs. Attached is a log file I created from Orbx Central. Since SoCal is my real life home I tend to fly in this region a lot so any help would be greatly appreciated.

central.log

You can see the black areas pretty clearly but there are other areas that aren't right. The scale of some textures seems to be wrong. For example out near Palm Sprinds there are some golf course textures that are way too big. The  wrong textures sometimes also seem to shift shape and location as I get close to them.

2020-10-13_22-8-20-438.jpg

I tried verifying files again bit it did not fix my problem. 

If I have just Southern California and Libraries installed my sim looks just like yours. If I add Global Base then it looks like my screenshot above. If I have just Global Base and Libraries installed it looks a little different than your screenshot but all the textures look normal and like they are in the correct place. I assume they look a little different because the Global Base textures are not optimized specifically for Southern California like the NA Southern California textures are.

So my problem only occurs if I have NA Southern California, Global Base and Libraries installed. Based on our screenshots and observations  it would seem that Global Base is conflicting/effecting the NA Southern California textures somehow. 

I don't know if this help point in a specific direction but look in the HUD in the first screenshot. There are three blocks of night textures. Using slew I moved the plane toward and away from that area. You can see in the next three screenshots those three night textures change to different textures each time i move the plane closer to them, none of them being the same three textures as the previous time.

2020-10-14_11-31-38-453.jpg

2020-10-14_11-32-24-194.jpg

2020-10-14_11-32-36-12.jpg

2020-10-14_11-32-47-712.jpg

Hi

Please post a copy of your “scenery.cfg” file and the “add-ons.cfg” and the “scenery_add-ons.xml” file found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.
Please note: Do not open the files and copy and paste the contents, just attach the files.

Thanks

I made a couple of minor changes to your scenery.cfg and attached it below.

Please move the existing scenery.cfg to your desktop for safe keeping and replace it with the one attached below.

Then open Orbx Central and go to settings\Insertion Point and put where you see my "FSS/YYC" you will need to select your "SimElite Solutions Time Zone Fixer".

And make sure the lower insertion point is the same as mine where it says in yellow lettering "Leave this one as it is".

OC Insertion Points.PNG

scenery.cfg

Archived