Newcastle Bridges

Can someone tell me which Newcastle bridges are modelled in the P3D version of TrueEarth GB Central? I departed Newcastle airport yesterday in my Piper Cherokee 180, and when I looked towards the centre of Newcastle, I noted that at least two of the bridges were simple wireframe models, which is rather disappointing. I did have a couple of nice models of the Redheugh and King Edward bridges that I used with my old PlayHorizon VFR UK Photographic Scenery, but (rather stupidly) I deleted these before checking to see if respective models of these two bridges existed in TrueEarth GB Central, and now I am not able to remember where I got them from.

Hi Christopher,

As far as I know they were part of the VFR GENX 2.0 volume3 install from the cd's. I've still got a 3DLandmarks\scenery folder installed under vol3. I know I played with getting a 'best of both worlds' solution and, if you can find the  3DLandmarks\scenery folder I've put the  the exclude file My_TyneBridges_Excludes.BGL attached at the bottom into that folder - I'm guessing to allow the GENX bridges to appear on their own. It's a while since I did it!

Far as I know all of them were modelled in TEGB central but I couldn't swear to that! 

All the best,

John

My_TyneBridges_Excludes.BGL

Thanks, John. I checked last night, and the Redheugh Bridge is the main one that is seriously lacking in the visuals department. Fortunately, I have found an FS2004 model of this that is visible in P3D. I also note that the Orbx version of the King Edward Rail Bridge is sitting quite low down, although it is a lot more detailed than the Orbx Redheugh Bridge. That being the case, I will probably leave that one.

To be honest, there are a few bridge models that disappoint me in Orbx TrueEarth GB. The Orbx version of the Tamar Road Bridge has towers that are nowhere near high enough above the road deck, so I am testing the GENX version to see if I can replace it. I have mentioned before that the Orbx version of the Queensferry Crossing over the Firth of Forth leaves a lot to be desired, but thankfully I also have a replacement for that one aswell. Then there are the Runcorn Rail Bridge (I have a decent alternative for this) and the Tavy Rail Bridge (just upstream from the Tamar Bridges; sadly, I do not have a replacement for this rather sorry looking wireframe model). The real world Tavy Bridge is quite striking, and it would be great to have a much more impressive model of it in TrueEarth GB South.

I get the feeling that I may be disappointed with other bridge models as I travel around the UK.....

Archived