Taxiway centreline / edge lights mess

I am seeing this issue with all Orbx airport releases for msfs, and infact not only Orbx but with some other developers as well.

The taxiway centreline and edge lights are disoriented and arranged in a random fashion. I mean some of them are too closely spaced while some are too far apart. Some of them even don't follow the taxiway centre line as well. Sometimes blue edge lights are placed on taxiway centreline and vice-versa. Especially for EGLC, these lights are a complete mess.

I have attached an image for reference.

Is that a limitation with the present SDK?  Will it get fixed in future updates??

Someone please clarify.

Thanks

Screenshot (65).png

Hi there,

Yes, this is an issue that we are currently trying to get resolved. I won't bore you with the details except to say that the way centreline lighting is implemented at the moment is... unusual. We've put forward some recommendations for a future fix and I believe these will be implemented before long.

As soon as we have a working solution for this and other outstanding issues, we'll be looking at those fixes can be retrofitted into existing products.

Greg

6 hours ago, Greg Jones said:

Hi there,

Yes, this is an issue that we are currently trying to get resolved. I won't bore you with the details except to say that the way centreline lighting is implemented at the moment is... unusual. We've put forward some recommendations for a future fix and I believe these will be implemented before long.

As soon as we have a working solution for this and other outstanding issues, we'll be looking at those fixes can be retrofitted into existing products.

Greg

Thanks for your reply Greg. 

This looks really distracting. Hoping to see a fix soon.

• 3 months later...

On 10/9/2020 at 3:05 AM, Greg Jones said:

Hello

I just wanted to know the status of progress on this(if any). The taxiway lighting has improved a bit but there is still the issue of spacing and sometimes it still doesn't follow the lines. I am talking of all addon airports. I am worried whether we would ever be able to see accurate & properly oriented taxiway lighting in Msfs as we saw in XP and P3d?? Because this is a very basic thing and its still an sdk limitation !!! Only I could see Flytampa's Sydney addressed this and comes with accurate custom modelled taxiway lighting and that means somehow its possible. I couldn't understand why others are not paying attention to this area?? Do Orbx have any such plans for their airports ?? Has Asobo conveyed any plans to address this or the present state of taxiway lighting would be the norm? I am eagerly waiting for an update on this issue. 

Waiting for ur reply,

Thanks

Archived