Very long loading times TE SoCal (over one hour)

Hi,

yesterday I installed all four TE regions of the US West Cost.

After I successefully installed everything I fired up P3DV5 to see the results. 

Strangely enough, I can not get pass 7% of loading. I waited over one hour without success and tried it four times, even today.

I am aware of long loading times of 20+ mins but one hour seems too much.

I execluded my entire P3D folder and the Orbx Add-ons folder in Windows Defender.

I also verified all files in Orbx Central. 

All my Add-ons are installed on an external USB HDD. When loading up at EHAM with TE Netherlands I only need about 15 mins and get no issues.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Hi Mate I'm no expert but on my system which is a low to mid range system, if I install a region (TE) the first run always takes about 15 to 20 mins, then next time I fire up the sim it's around five mins but it is loading a heck of a lot of data and I do have everything Orbx has made so your mileage may vary on this. Just remember if you've installed 4 TE Regions that is a heck of a lot for any machine to process in one hit.

Hello,

I do think that using an external USB drive will slow down the file indexing process but

if it fails to complete altogether, it could be that there is a hidden error or information

message awaiting confirmation from you but not in view.

It might be worth checking both your taskbar and Task Manager to see if this is the case.

On 10/2/2020 at 1:45 PM, FlightFan08 said:

Hi,

yesterday I installed all four TE regions of the US West Cost.

After I successefully installed everything I fired up P3DV5 to see the results. 

Strangely enough, I can not get pass 7% of loading. I waited over one hour without success and tried it four times, even today.

I am aware of long loading times of 20+ mins but one hour seems too much.

I execluded my entire P3D folder and the Orbx Add-ons folder in Windows Defender.

I also verified all files in Orbx Central. 

All my Add-ons are installed on an external USB HDD. When loading up at EHAM with TE Netherlands I only need about 15 mins and get no issues.

Any help would be appreciated. 

In all honesty I would even find 15 mins to be too much for my liking... You certainly see the way of doing this with an external HDD coming to its limits. Each region has around 100k AGN files and a huge amount of PR imagery. I don't think that deactivating individual regions will do much here. If you can't switch to an internal HDD (even a non SSD should be a lot faster!) try lowering the autogen display distance as well as the level of detail radius in your settings.

Bests,

Sascha

Archived