TrueEarth Southern California Compatibility

Badl4ndz

@Orbx Why do I have to ask again?

Please can you list what Orbx products are compatible? That includes also noting any that are not or that should be uninstalled. I'm thinking there of OpenLC North America, NA Southern California and Hollywood Burbank for example.

Do Orbx still offer support or aren't you bothered once you have taken my money?

Hi there,

OLC North America will improve the scenery in the rest of North America but you will see a noticeable difference in colouration at the boundary with the TE Socal area.

I'd tend to disable NA Southern California - it and TE SoCal are aiming at doing similar jobs in different ways.

I tested Hollywood Burbank and it seems to work well as it is with TE Socal - the main thing you will notice is a difference in colouration at the boundary of the Burbank area since it was designed to match NA Southern California.

Hope this helps.

Compatibility with other airports is being worked on. Generally the airport itself should work well but there may be issues with duplicate objects in the surrounding area and bits of missing autogen at the boundaries both of which should be solved in the updates. The colour mismatches at the boundaries may be beyond the scope of the updates.

All the best,

John

On 9/29/2020 at 7:56 PM, John Burgess said:

Hi there,

OLC North America will improve the scenery in the rest of North America but you will see a noticeable difference in colouration at the boundary with the TE Socal area.

I'd tend to disable NA Southern California - it and TE SoCal are aiming at doing similar jobs in different ways.

I tested Hollywood Burbank and it seems to work well as it is with TE Socal - the main thing you will notice is a difference in colouration at the boundary of the Burbank area since it was designed to match NA Southern California.

Hope this helps.

Compatibility with other airports is being worked on. Generally the airport itself should work well but there may be issues with duplicate objects in the surrounding area and bits of missing autogen at the boundaries both of which should be solved in the updates. The colour mismatches at the boundaries may be beyond the scope of the updates.

All the best,

John

Just had a look into it. I used to mess with the scenery.cfg all the time in FSX but things are a little different with P3D. For a start, they are greyed out rendering them uneditable from the scenery library. Therefore, I'm guessing you just substitute TRUE for FALSE where I have highlighted in the add-ons.cfg rather than uninstalling it. That way I can change back/edit any listing to disable/enable.

DisablingAddons.jpg

51 minutes ago, Badl4ndz said:

I used to mess with the scenery.cfg all the time in FSX but things are a little different with P3D.

I feel your pain Keith. To put it mildly I'm not a fan of the addon.xml method and like to keep control of what's happening. Just don't tell the powers that be here that I keep overwriting their addon.xml files, might get me into trouble - but at least I retain control over my simulator :rolleyes:

I'm guessing your suggestion should work fine but, if it doesn't, let me know. It shouldn't really matter but I always suspect that having more scenery than necessary active is unlikely to improve performance.

Have you ever tried the Lorby Prepar3D Addon Organizer from https://www.lorby-si.com/downloads.html?

All the best,

John

Archived