So what detail can you expect ?

Here's a portion of a single texture tile in VOZ PRO, from one of our source images, showing Australian scrub and eucalypt forests in Central Victoria.

You can see the size of the current VOZ and FS9 textures (256), and the size of the mid-sized 512 textures which I assume will be an option in FSX for mid-spec machines.

However, the main image is about 80%of the detail you can expect from one single texture tile in VOZ PRO!! Can you see why we're excited?

Posted Image

Unbelieveable :o ............i'm speechless.............how the hell is anyone going to follow that........ i bet there's a lot of jaws hanging down in the scenery world

right now .........awesome K :)

lol because he can... hey I had been waiting for a good 15 years for VOZ 1.1... it was in my dreams from as long as I can remember and sometimes I still cannot believe that it is actually here. VOZ excites me like nothing else ( well maybe my other project FsPassengers ) . To be honest I do not think John releases completely how utterly happy he has made so SO many people. Nope, not pissing in his pocket, just expressing how I feel :)

Hi John from the UK..

Have just availed myself of your new site & forums.....

You really are a gluton for punishment arent you? You realize your workload has at least doubled dont you? Having developed the best FS addon in its history, you now push yourself even further. Hope this aint being too personal but will you EVER see the family at home anymore???? LOL.

Seriously John, the idea of a payware version is an obvious update to VOZ and although I am a pensioner( YES! AN OLDIE[ but only just]) I will gladly buy your wares because; 1. Its a great product and 2. You deserve paying for your hard work.

Expect my cheque on the day of release!!

Regards

• 3 months later...
Guest -=fighterpilot=-

I am wondering where you are obtaining your source data? At $800 US per 25 sq km I am very curious how you are affording the hundreds of thousands of dollars in development costs.

If you have a good source, point me to em because I have other places in the world I'd like to work on...

Hi John,

That's pretty awesome detail.

From what altitude is that image taken?

Will that be exactly what we see in FSX from that altitude?

What will it look like from 500 ft?

OK John, there is much work to be done, get to it now.

God bless,

Bernie

I am wondering where you are obtaining your source data? At $800 US per 25 sq km I am very curious how you are affording the hundreds of thousands of dollars in development costs.

If you have a good source, point me to em because I have other places in the world I'd like to work on...

We're paying for it, and through the nose. In some cases we are hiring aircraft to take imagery. One of the main reasons VOZ PRO will have a long gestation period is that we are going to great pains negotiating with various Australian state government authorities to obtain appropriate licenses for data. And no, it's not quite as expensive as you mentioned, but remember that we don't need total coverage for the entire country, since FSX, like FS9, uses a tiled terrain texture system.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest -=fighterpilor=-

ahhh rgr that John, thanks for clarifying....

I've found a good data source but I'm guessing it's probably the same company as you're dealing with.... ;-)

Wish you the best with her.... :-D

• 2 years later...

Im a little confused ....is this is a FS9 product ?...will it be available sometime for FTX/FSX....and being called Pro, will it be available for hobbyists at their price level ? that enough questions for now !

Archived