Global openLC South America

mkosa

Dear Orbx

I am using P3D v5 and these are my findings with “Global openLC South America”

As I born in Buenos Aires, I love to flight SACO-SABE or SAEZ-SCEL

Happens on the middle of the flight with Global openLC South America, P3D CTD. Could be as soon you takeoff or in the middle or when you are close to land, no matter, at some point the simm will crash 100% of the times. (Required software as Global Base and Vector are installed)

I made SACO-SABE with PMDG NGXu, then I repeat the flight with QW 787, then I repeat the flight with Aerosoft A320.

Then instead to use Active Sky I used “clear sky”

Then I turn off ATC Pro x

Then I turn off FreemeshX for SA.

I configured P3D with  low parameters

The installation is fresh for W10 Pro 64 bit and P3D V5 HF2, and Orbx base from central, as they recommend

PC is a high-end computer, plenty of CPU, Video and RAM power, on task manager is difficult to pass CPU 50%, RAM 50% and video 35%.

Scenery.cfg as any other cfg file was not modified or changed, order of xml and config files are originally installed as Central intend to install.

Freeware Orbx SA mesh was not installed

Simlink fron Navigraph was turned off.

Finally Europe and NA open LC works with out problems with all others add ons on or off.

Strange, the manual that come with this product is dated in 2017….

Any idea?

I know, to develop a product for South America is a lost of time, never will be the same market/sales as for Europe or NA market. Being that the case, I prefer to not pay for a product that is maybe… beta.

But as customer, this is not at all the performance expected, plus, lost of a lot of time trying to make this work.

Of course, uninstalling Global OpenLC South America, I never experience again a CTD.

Cheers

Marcelo

order transaction ID: 5d0bd6e15d8e2

PS the product is clearly promoted compatible with P3D V5 

Supported Simulators

This product is compatible with the following simulators:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

Prepar3D v1

Prepar3D v2

Prepar3D v3

Prepar3D v4

Prepar3D v5

Supported Operating Systems

This product is compatible with the following operating systems:

Windows

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 11.37.43 AM.png

Hi Nick, thanks for your reply. No, is not the plane the one that crash (is in the air, as this never happens at the airport, gate or runway) is just a CTD (crash to desktop) of the simm. suddenly appears "Prepar3d stop working, debug or close the app" something like that a typical windows msg.

Is clear that when on the air the simm start to render scenery, some bug or other thing make the simm to stop working.

I thought (while English is not my native language) that the CTD was clear mentioned on original msg., occurs with different aircraft and most (or all) add ons disabled). I'm not sure if your reply is serious or not, but I will believe your are at this moment replying to me on bonafide.

I have crash detection off, sometimes an AI traffic crash your plane, but anyway, this happens with AI off.

Best Regards

Marcelo

No, P3D do not alert on nothing, (there is no graphic card memory issue at all, have rtx2070 11gb) ,and just flying suddenly appears the blue circle turning for some seconds, and then a windows msg on small rectangle on the middle of the screen P3D has stopped working etc etc, debug or close.

Again, thats only happens with Global openLC South America, flying on SA, I have many of your products, I don' experience this with them, Global, Vector, and other open LC for Europe and NA, chase, Immersion for A320, Boeing 737 and Boeing 787, hd building, tree, some airports, all works OK, this is the only product that is a head ache and one that for personal reasons I would like to have it working OK, its one of my favorites areas, and I belong to VATSUR.

Thanks

Archived