Price of London City Pack

Hi there.  I do not wish to start another verbal flame war with this post.  That is not my intention.

However, if you have now reinstated the default versions of what amounts to the primary London POIs (Tower of London, Tower Bridge, The Shard, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, O2), how can you justify the purchase price remaining the same as it was previously?  Now we are paying the same for significantly less?  That's not right.

Kind regards all.

2 hours ago, lapens said:

Hi there.  I do not wish to start another verbal flame war with this post.  That is not my intention.

Hello,

welcome to the forums and thank you for joining to share that with us.

We are told that there are around 400 POIs in the product and as mentioned, more have

been added, at customers' requests.

As things stand, there will be two less POIs, which represents just under 5.5 Australian Cents,

under 4 US cents and 3 UK pence.

There is no guarantee that more will not be added in another update.

The product represents excellent value for money.

From my experience Orbx have been giving excellent value for money its whole life. I think Nick sums it up well. I believe one of their team is already wanting to add more to the product in any case, so wait for version 2 which would have arrived without this issue

I've bought the London City Pack this morning after seeing that it had been updated. I have just had my best flight in MSFS2020 so far! Taking off from Orbx EGLC and heading west past Canary Wharf etc the skyline looked so much better than default. Not only that but I saw no impact on frame rates, I am getting between 35 and 40 on Medium High settings at 3440x1440 in GA (airliners are terrible performers now). If I switch off all AI air traffic it's extremely smooth with very few micro stutters.

So my advice would be to purchase now, for what it adds to London its a bargain.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I don't think it can have reached the Marketplace yet.

In Orbx Central the version number is 1.0.1

I am not seeing any of the Orbx products in content manager as yet.

They do have their own version of LOWI.

OK no problem. I imagine it takes time for them to work their way through the CDN.

The london landmarks pack definitely says "By Asobo" in the manager. The marketplace is obviously correct. Must be a bug or area not quite finished yet.

Archived