ESGG strange problems at different angle view.

Hi, yesterday fly to ESGG on my p3d v5 hf2, with last version of my Orbx addons, also ESGG, but...have a bad problems related to angle view.

Record two video for better view problem.

It's possible help me?

Thanks advance

Gianluca Balloni

Hey!

In the scenery folder for ESGG, can you try removing or renaming the following to files:

ESGG_GRD_GP_NoDL

ESGG_GRD_GP_DL

Rename them both to .off or just remove them from the folder temporarily and see if that fixes it.

Remember to restart the simulator before testing.

Cheers,

Marcus

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, reinstall now...don't resolve...

I am really disappointed because the problem is very marked in the scenario. I don't understand how a scenario developer doesn't understand what the problem is, by the way it's not just me who has this type of problem and not all scenarios have this problem.

I see that you are having the problem but I don't have it on my system.

No need to be rude.

Looking at our conversation I got back to you within a day when you contacted support but you took 2 weeks to even get back to me on an initial troubleshooting.

And now you are complaining about customer service.

We have very limited reports on issues like the one you reported for ESGG, and I'm looking into what it can be. I've asked a few more testers to check into this and see if we have it on our end.

As we have a very limited amount of reports on the issue I assume it works for the big majority of users, so it might be a combination of things creating the issue.

I replied after some time because I was away for work and could not test with the sim. However, I am not aware that the problem is very limited, quite the contrary. Maybe many write it on facebook without writing it here on your forum. And anyway, is it so difficult for a scenario creator to try, at least try, to understand where the problem might come from? I am open to any test, but please let's try to solve the problem together, it is not a simple flickering, especially the runway and most of the apron are affected a lot by this problem that ruins the flying experience on the scenario, between other beautiful.

7 hours ago, gianluk81 said:

I replied after some time because I was away for work and could not test with the sim. However, I am not aware that the problem is very limited, quite the contrary. Maybe many write it on facebook without writing it here on your forum. And anyway, is it so difficult for a scenario creator to try, at least try, to understand where the problem might come from? I am open to any test, but please let's try to solve the problem together, it is not a simple flickering, especially the runway and most of the apron are affected a lot by this problem that ruins the flying experience on the scenario, between other beautiful.

Hey again,

I don't understand any of this. I am taking your problem seriously. I have not told you it is simple flickering or told you the problem doesn't exist and  there would be nothing I can do to help.

I see your videos, I can see the problem. And I have been replying, coming with troubleshooting advices and from nowhere you lash out saying we are not helping, not taking your problem seriously, saying "it's simple flickering". I've even been getting back to you usually within hours or minutes or worst case scenerio one day, trying to help out. And this is your reply ?

" is it so difficult for a scenario creator to try, at least try, to understand where the problem might come from?"

That is all I'm trying to do!

Let me repeat. I do not have this issue on my computer, I have told other testers to check this out as well to see if the issue is on our end or if it might be some sort of compability issue.

We've had similar issues with some of our products in v5 which I can replicate on my system as well, however at ESGG I don't get these issues and that is why I asked you to try to disable those files to see if the issue was somehow similar with what we experienced at some other airports. Which didn't seem to be the case.

However, I will not tolerate this kind of tone when we are actually trying to give you support.

UPDATE:

A tester got back to me having the same issue as you. I will continue the troubleshooting with him instead and report back a solution or post a patch.

Cheers,

Marcus

8 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

We believe we have found and corrected the issue.

We will now get it through official testing before sending it out via Orbx Central.

Expect a patch in the upcoming weeks.

Thanks for your jobs! Wait for this fix. Repeat, 

Again, the ESGG scenario is superb and I don't want a little bug to spoil the experience on that scenario.

• 2 months later...
42 minutes ago, Puukka said:

Same here, looking forward the patch, because Sweden is one of my favorite IVAO playgrounds.

I guess, it´s not available now?

Regards,

Herbert

Hey,

My apologizes, been a hectic few months, but doesn't excuse I haven't been able to push this patch yet. My apologizes.

If you want to make it work in the meantime:

If you have changed settings in the ESGG Config Tool, please make sure that the dynamic light option is enabled. If you haven't changed anything then all is good.

In the FTX_AA_ESGG/Scenery-folder, please disable/remove the following files:

ESGG_TWLines

ESGG_GRD_Runway

ESGG_GRD_Shadows

And replace the file in the scenery folder with the attached file.

Hopefully it works now :) 

If you prefer to wait I will do my best to have it up in the next few weeks.

Cheers,

Marcus

ESGG_GRD_LIBRARY_OF.bgl

Hi Marcus

Great! Thanks a lot for the workaround, it works. I can guess you have hard work regarding MFS and P3D versions compatibilities.

Keep up your great job!

Kind regards from Austria,

Herbert

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2020 at 2:25 PM, Marcus Nyberg said:

Hey!

In the scenery folder for ESGG, can you try removing or renaming the following to files:

ESGG_GRD_GP_NoDL

ESGG_GRD_GP_DL

Rename them both to .off or just remove them from the folder temporarily and see if that fixes it.

Remember to restart the simulator before testing.

Cheers,

Marcus

hi there when you have a spare minute  for your p3dv5 customers can you please have a look at these runway lights as i am sure they are not supposed to look like this thank you 

2020-11-15_3-21-17-951_LI.jpg

2020-11-15_3-21-38-986_LI.jpg

52 minutes ago, Vieira12 said:

hi there when you have a spare minute  for your p3dv5 customers can you please have a look at these runway lights as i am sure they are not supposed to look like this thank you 

Hi!

They look as they are supposed to actually!

Cheers,

Marcus

Archived