Blocks in the Orbx Scenery

Hello,

I am having the problem of random rendering in the Orbx scenery.  I have Global Base: Global Open LC Europe: EU Scotland.

.2020-8-4_10-49-54-703.BMP

I have tried the fix that is pinned at the top of this Forum but have struggled to effect it as directed.

I have followed the opening gambits:

1.   Verified Files on all 3 products from Orbx Central

2.   Renamed the lclookup.bgl file in BASE/Scenery folder

3.   Move on to the Holgar Sandmann fix for the terrain.cfg file.

a.  /Orbx/Scripts does not have an FTXCentral/Work folder.  I assume that is correct as all of my products have been purchased after the advent of Orbx Central.

b.  I have copied the terrain.cfg file and relocated that as a backup and copied it again and pasted it into the main FSX Folder.  There is no option box to overwrite and the copied file simply drops in,                 directly above the original file as "Copy terrain.cfg"

c.  Without FTX Central, I have then opened Orbx Central and ran the Sync Simulator from the Settings Help Menu.

4.   I have then run Verify Files on all of the Orbx products again.

5.   I have then attempted to start FSXSE and immediately had the Pop-up " The Lclookup.bgl file is missing or damaged.  Please re-install Flight Simulator to recover the files.  What I actually did was to relocate the terrain.cfg file and run Verify Files on FSX in Steam which identified some 7657 files that were missing and would be re-acquired. 

6.   Once that process was complete I checked that the terrain.cfg and lclookup.bgl files had been had been re=acquired and successfully launched FSXSE.  

The rendering problem remains.

Could I have advice please on where I am going wrong?

Regards

daveyG

Hello,

after you have renamed the lclookup.bgl file, you must then copy the terrain.cfg file into the FSX folder.

If it makes a second copy, just delete the original and rename the copy to terrain.cfg.

Then run Verify files for the Orbx Libraries, this is the step that you seem to have missed.

That will replace the lclookup.bgl file and write back the Orbx entries into the terrain.cfg file.

Thanks for the rapid response Nick. 

Verify Orbx Files at Step 1 and Step 4.  Should I have repeated that step after the FSXSE Verify Files activity as well?  The terrain.cfg and lclookup.bgl files had been resurrected, however, I am quite happy to repeat the process.  I will come back after that and advise the outcome.

regards

daveyG

This doesn't appear to be going to plan.

Firstly, I repeated the actions of my first post with the exception of the fact that I ran the Orbx File Verification process as the final action.  I then opened FSXSE and did a quick flight and the problem was still there. 

So, after a ponder I deleted the the renamed lclookup.bgl.off file - which had been superceded, as it were, by a new file and renamed the new one.  I then deleted the terrain.cfg file and ran FSXSE File Verification through Steam.  That operation produced the result that 7858 files had failed to validate and would be re-acquired.  Following that reacquisition and confirming that all FSXSE files would successfully be validated I checked the FSX main folder and the lclookup.bgl file had been recreated as had the terrain.cfg file.

I followed that up by running file validations on my Orbx products through Orbx Central and then SimSync through the Settings/Help and then a repeat of the quick flight.  The problem persisted.

Repeat the FSXSE file validation process through Steam and once again 7858 files failed to validate.  I went through the process of re-acquiring those files again and validating the FSXSE files again - successfully.

That was followed by a further visit to Orbx Central and validate files on EU Scotland.  Back to Steam and check FSXSE files and the validation failed on 7854 files.

I am now well out of my depth and floundering :huh:.  I am tempted to uninstall my Orbx scenery and then re-install them one at a time but I think it probably better to await advice.

regards

daveyG

Hello,

you do seem to have a made a Catch 22.

Please do this:

Validate the Steam files once more, do not then do that again.

Reinstall:

Orbx Global Base

your openLC products

your Orbx Libraries

That should then have fixed the problem.

You're right, definitely the proverbial vicious circle.  After using the FSXSE validation process to refresh the terrain.cfg file and then discovering that this catch 22 situation had developed I realised that I have no idea what the interface between FSX and Orbx looks like, so the final EU Scotland verification was really to establish that the errant FSX files were a consequence of running Orbx.  It was at that point that I withdrew from the battle.

Following your advice above I now have my world back.  Thank you once again Nick.

regards

daveyG

Archived