Offer of Free Aircraft

I have downloaded the files in the free offer of Lancair, Victa Airtourer and Vans RV4 which have appeared in my account. I run Prepar3Dv4 and each of the above purports to be available to that format. When I try to install them however I get a red message that each is not compatable with this simulator and to download on a different one. Are they or are they not in Prepar3Dv4? Have I missed something?

Hi Nick, that is true but the promotion does say P3D in a big graphic. Then one goes to redeem the offer and in one's excited enthusiasm gets them and then uses Central to download them. Easy to not go down to the very bottom of the Product Page to see only to P3Dv3. It would have been easy to put only to P3dv3 or earlier on the offer promotion.

Having said that they are free and I for one have no issue with a freebee but it just would have saved people finding out the hard way that these P3D freebees do not work in later P3D versions. 

Antway good on Orbx giving away some more freebees!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, psk2449 said:

Nick,

I should have read the small print. Pity. Now, how do I remove them from my account?

If you still have a P3DV1-3 or FSX installer and you want to experiment a little, you could install one of the earlier sims just to install the aircraft, take a note of what files are installed (some into your user account and the root sim folder I believe)  and then copy those files over to P3DV4.  All except the Victa work OK in P3DV4, the Lancair's hydraulic light doesn't turn off and the CRT display in the Vans also might have issues (I can''t recall exactly) but they fly quite well.  The Victa instruments just don't work at all but it's fun to test your proficiency in a circuit with zero instruments!

Not an official suggestion mind you but I do have them in P3DV4.5 and occasionally I use one for a scenic flight.

Archived