central uk - seems a bit of a con .....

Joel-G

Hi all.

Just purchased UK Central.... I know there are optional high res  versions of Barton (EGCB) and Leeds Bradford (EGNM) ------ BUT !

where are the basic airports ? - there should be a BASIC airport there ! -  there is 1000%  (literally MORE)  detail at Barton in the default XP scenery.

In the UK Central It is just a piece of grass and a grey blob smear on the ground. No numbers, markings, buildings - absolutely nothing. NADA !

Same with Leeds Bradford - a nuclear wasteland deliberately removed !  L/B - A MAJOR international airport in the north.  wtf ! ??

you do not say that you will HAVE to buy these expensive add on airports to even have anything recognisable as an airport in these locations as you have deliberately made those locations as totally bland and unrecognisable as possible .. That is REALLY bad and extremely misleading (to put it VERY mildly) marketing.  -- A shame on you.

I believe Caernarfan will suffer exactly the same nuclear waste land. 

This is TOTALLY unfair guys !.. ok for extra dosh for a really fancy airport - but for Criz sake there should be at least as much as the basic XP scenery there !.

Not happy at all.

Joe

Thanks for the reply. I REALLY hope you are right, but, it certainly does not appear that way.  I hope I am wrong, but it appears to me the airports have been deliberately dumbed down to nothingness.  There isnt even a building or marking at barton. EGCB ... there are some perfectly mown grass lines. -

Again, I really hope you are right and if it is my cock up I will happily hold my hand up and apologise.

Thanks again. I will await a response. It does seem rather strange that the issue only seems to happen at the airports where there are payware 'optional upgrades' :wacko::(

Fingers crossed.................

1 hour ago, JpH said:

Thanks again. I will await a response. It does seem rather strange that the issue only seems to happen at the airports where there are payware 'optional upgrades' :wacko::(

Fingers crossed.................

No True Earth addons have any modded airports. ALL the airports are Laminar Gateway default airports. None have modded up and certainly none modded down in an attempt to get someone to buy an Orbx addon.

Orbx has absolutely no authorisation to mod any default Laminar airport, unlike the Orbx enhancement of airports in P3D.

As far as TEGB Central being a "con" that is a rather harsh comment to make. The sole purpose of TE addons is the expensive highest quality purchased by Orbx photo scenery, the extensive detailed and realistic placement of buildings and POIs and the extensive accurate placement of trees and forests etc. The airports are something dealt with by Laminar.

6 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

No True Earth addons have any modded airports. ALL the airports are Laminar Gateway default airports. None have modded up and certainly none modded down in an attempt to get someone to buy an Orbx addon.

Orbx has absolutely no authorisation to mod any default Laminar airport, unlike the Orbx enhancement of airports in P3D.

As far as TEGB Central being a "con" that is a rather harsh comment to make. The sole purpose of TE addons is the expensive highest quality purchased by Orbx photo scenery, the extensive detailed and realistic placement of buildings and POIs and the extensive accurate placement of trees and forests etc. The airports are something dealt with by Laminar.

Jon, Then please explain why the ONLY airports that have have absolutely no detail at all are the three SPECIFIC airports that Orbx have 'high res' payway versions  ??

Hmmm ? 

33 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

Also Jon,

if you consider Barton (EGCB) and Manchester Intl. (EGCC) then they are only 5 miles apart. EGCC displays perfectly - Barton (EGCB) is completely devoid of anything apart from a grass strip with no markings, no buildings, absolutely nothing.  If there was an issue there, then surely the surrounding airports would be affected.  Barton is very nicely detailed in Stock XP -Scenery. But not here - it is a featureless wasteland. Again I say, as far as I can ascertain this ONLY affects the three airports that have added payware from Orbx for Central UK.

Perhaps Orbx has made a mistake and made the areas 'ready' for the extra payware ? - perhaps they have left something enabled ? 

To be ONLY those airports ?? - with airports a few miles away working perfectly ?..........................................................

There is definitely as issue. Luckily, I do not use addons etc in XP - there is nothing to interfere. this is also a clean install.  I have no other scenery or airports for the UK - at all. there is nothing to interfere.

Kind regards,

Joe

10 hours ago, JpH said:

Also Jon,

if you consider Barton (EGCB) and Manchester Intl. (EGCC) then they are only 5 miles apart. EGCC displays perfectly - Barton (EGCB) is completely devoid of anything apart from a grass strip with no markings, no buildings, absolutely nothing.  If there was an issue there, then surely the surrounding airports would be affected.  Barton is very nicely detailed in Stock XP -Scenery. But not here - it is a featureless wasteland. Again I say, as far as I can ascertain this ONLY affects the three airports that have added payware from Orbx for Central UK.

Perhaps Orbx has made a mistake and made the areas 'ready' for the extra payware ? - perhaps they have left something enabled ? 

To be ONLY those airports ?? - with airports a few miles away working perfectly ?..........................................................

There is definitely as issue. Luckily, I do not use addons etc in XP - there is nothing to interfere. this is also a clean install.  I have no other scenery or airports for the UK - at all. there is nothing to interfere.

Kind regards,

Joe

I am sorry but you are wrong regarding Barton.

I attach 2 pics from Barton which are the standard Laminar Global Airports version. They clearly show buildings and a much more developed airport than you are describing  and definitely are not "completely devoid of anything apart from a grass strip with no markings, no buildings, absolutely nothing." 

I attach 4 pics of Barton.

The first 2 are the default version in XP. The default version is not "completely devoid of anything apart from a grass strip with no markings, no buildings, absolutely nothing." as you can very clearly see.

The second 2 are with the Orbx Barton addon. You can see the differences.

Have you checked your scenery_packs.ini for layering?

Please attach it so i can check it. 

Claiming that TEGB Central is a con and making that statement on a public forum with no backup is not really helpful.

I hope i have managed to prove that maybe there is something wrong your end and nothing to do with Orbx TEFB Central and that it will prove there is no "con" at all.

Barton default XP version:

1.thumb.JPG.bb98d7bdd3873ce2baf66605c49f201c.JPG

2.thumb.JPG.a6cf0592672ce7e0a90af94078e4e1d8.JPG

Barton Orbx addon

3.thumb.JPG.723e2cc39058a5995c7d2ed0ab46f7c7.JPG

4.thumb.JPG.cc54d336a17ab2dcf54aeb51c33ecae6.JPG

So are you now  saying you still have bugs that haven't been corrected in two years ..... ?

So whose issue is it ? hmmm ?

You haven't proved anything apart from your installer is faulty. Hence, also, I am not wrong about Barton.

10 minutes ago, JpH said:

So are you now  saying you still have bugs that haven't been corrected in two years ..... ?

So whose issue is it ? hmmm ?

You haven't proved anything apart from your installer is faulty. Hence, also, I am not wrong about Barton.

I have proved that Barton default is NOT as you describe it via picture proof.

You have also not posted a pic of what you are seeing at Barton.

You failed to attach your scenery packs.ini for checking as requested in my effort to support you.

You now have an issue with Orbx Central so I suggest you post that issue on the Orbx central support forum.

@Nick Cooper Please close this topic. If the customer has any further issues he needs to address them in the Orbx Central support forum

As requested.

I would suggest that the customer reviews both the facts and their attitude.

The customer might also view these two images, compare them with the customer's

simulator and address the customer's problem with the X Plane 11 default airports,

as already advised to do, twice.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Archived