OpenLC Night textures during day, nothing fixes it

Hello,

As many others have experienced with varied success, I am currently experiencing the issue of random blocks of nighttime and black textures with my openLC NA installation.

This seems to happen through all of NA but not as much as in mountainous terrain.  I am currently running P3D 4.5. 

Here are my current addons:

• Drziewiecki Chicago X Airports
  • REX Skyforce
  • Orbx openLC NA

My scenery library is ordered as follows:

1. Chicago X
  2. FTXAA_ORBXLIBS
  3. FTX_NA_!OLC_LIGHTS
  4. FTXZZ_OLC_FixedAPT
  5. Orbx!OPENLC_NAMERICA1
  6. Orbx!OPENLC_NAMERICA2
  7. Orbx!OPENLC_zBASE

...followed by the default scenery

Here are the fixes I have tried with no luck:

• Following all steps from Nick Cooper's post with no luck, and resulted in having to reinstall P3D after deleting terrain.cfg
  • Verifying that openLC is installed inside the root P3D folder
  • Turning draw distance to the highest setting
  • Uninstalling/reinstalling openLC and libraries, verifying and re-syncing with sim
  • Deleting version folder txt files before/after reinstalling through Orbx Central
  • Deleting lclookup.bgl and re-making it
  • Disabling/reenabling Chicago X airports

I'm very shocked that there hasn't been a patch to fix this for P3Dv4 as it is a problem that is so apparent, and I hope someone here has some insight on what my problem seems to be, before I submit a support ticket.

Thanks!

That's interesting, I'm not sure why they sell a product that you can buy standalone that forces you to buy another standalone product.  It does "work", but it's the same problems people have been experiencing even with the Global base package.  I'm a bit nervous to spend more money on something that might not work even after.

Thank you for the response Nick,  I'll go ahead and purchase the BASE pack then in that case and see if it fixes it. 

As for the issues of the night textures during the day for users who have the BASE and openLC packs, what was found to be the cause and fix?

Hello,

the most common cause is, having installed all the Orbx products, to make an upodate or other change to the simulator that replaces

one or the other or both of lclookup.bgl and terrain.cfg.

I made a troubleshooting topic that helps most customers.

Archived