Odd Floating High-rise Buildings

Not a big deal, but . . .

Rio de Janeiro looks generally super, with the odd exception of 3 floating building on the beach south of the city.  See screenshot.  I haven't seen any other floaters. There is no special scenery here, just SA Mesh and Buildings HD. 

I thought this might be an ObjectFlow issue, but i have version 3.0.4 installed and updated.

(I don't want anyone to lose sleep over this, but I am curious.).

Mac6737     

Floating condos.jpg

Funny, I was just checking out Rio De Janeiro on the weekend, and yep also came across the buildings in the water.

I guess when working with the entire world there's always a chance things will be missed.

Gives new meaning to "An Apartment on The Water".

Cheers

B688F467910BBE654261509190A4EB8688AE06AF

B8752840106AEC60E2D356696E8AC8451A0F05FC

Hello,

they are default scenery objects, which in the default simulator, are on land.

Adding a vector product corrects the coastline and puts them into the water.

A search of the Vector Support forum for "Rio" reveals that this has been reported

several times over the years and also that a customer has kindly even provided a fix.

14 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

A search of the Vector Support forum for "Rio" reveals that this has been reported

several times over the years and also that a customer has kindly even provided a fix.

Nick,

I did what I thought was the guidance in that earlier thread, but it did not work.  I clicked on the link Pewee provided and DLd the bgl file.  There is no "scenery" folder in P3Dv4 "Add-on Scenery."  So I made such a folder and put the .bgl in it.  No dice.

You also had suggested an alternative: Just put the bgl in "the scenery folder of any active scenery product."  ANY product?  Aren't almost all Orbx products "scenery products'?  R U really saying I could put that bgl in the scenery folder in, say, Bundaberg Airport?  

Thanks again, 

Mac6737

23 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

Hi Nick,

Thanks for that, trialed the bgl and works fine, no more water buildings.

Be even nicer if such an example fix was included in Vector - given as you say... years of reports... :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Mac6737 said:

I did what I thought was the guidance in that earlier thread, but it did not work.  I clicked on the link Pewee provided and DLd the bgl file.  There is no "scenery" folder in P3Dv4 "Add-on Scenery."  So I made such a folder and put the .bgl in it.  No dice.

Hi Mac6737,

If you add it to the P3D Scenery folder in Add-on Scenery, the Add-on Scenery folder should also have a Texture folder and be included and active in the scenery.cfg.

I just dropped it into a Vector folder named as 0000_OBJ_VectorFixRioBuildingsInWater.bgl

The Vector folder I used was \Orbx\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_OBJ\scenery

And the result... no buildings in the water B)

Thanks to Nick for bringing the resolution thread to our attention and @pewee for the actual resolution.

Cheers

48A0DE4BE58726823DC068DC6E936B585C31FE05

8 hours ago, Quantum Amiga said:

Hi Mac6737,

If you add it to the P3D Scenery folder in Add-on Scenery, the Add-on Scenery folder should also have a Texture folder and be included and active in the scenery.cfg.

I just dropped it into a Vector folder named as 0000_OBJ_VectorFixRioBuildingsInWater.bgl

The Vector folder I used was \Orbx\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_OBJ\scenery

QA,

Well, we are making progress, maybe.

1.  As I said, there IS no "scenery" folder in PEDv.4 Add-on Scenery, as noted elsewhere in these threads.  So creating one, as I did, would not create a "texture" folder.

2.  OK, I found that Vector folder.  R U saying I must rename the bgl file I downloaded to what you said and stick it in that folder?  

3.  Nick also said I can put it in "the scenery folder of any active scenery product."  I asked him for clarification:  ANY scenery product?  Aren't virtually all Orbx products "scenery products"?

He hasn't replied yet, but I guess it can't hurt to try it.  (Famous last words.)

Mac6737

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I haven't replied yet?

Please just add the file to the scenery folder of any Orbx product.

Sorry, Nick, I missed that "yes."

But I did it anyway; put that sucker in YBUD scenery.  Behold --

No more condos!.jpg

Archived