Two Install of x-plane - Orbex Scenery not loading

Please help me,

I got x-plane installed on c: desktop/x-plane/ folder and the install crashed.

So i installed a new folder on d: x-plane2/ and working.

Ive got orbex install on drive d: ordex2/ and working and downloaded scenery.

The problem is orbex still linked to c: desktop/x-plane and the d: x-plane/ will not load orbex scenery.

Ive tried updating the d:/x-plane/custom scenery/ scenery_packs.ini file but the file keeps changing back and removing the new links.

Any ideas?

7 hours ago, DeepSky2020 said:

Please help me,

The problem is orbex still linked to c: desktop/x-plane and the d: x-plane/ will not load orbex scenery.

Ive tried updating the d:/x-plane/custom scenery/ scenery_packs.ini file but the file keeps changing back and removing the new links.

Any ideas?

Hi 

Please go to the location    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local. It may be "hidden" so you might have to go into File explorer to Options, View and check "Show hidden files, folders and drives" to see it

Down at the bottom of this folder you will see a file    x-plane_install_11.txt

Open it in Notepad.  In it you will see the line with your c: desktop/x-plane/ folder referenced.

Delete  this line  and  then resave the file

You may have to relink Orbx central to the new location, but now this will be the only referenced install location.

I have copied Jon Clarke  @Jon Clarke   who knows far more than I about the inner workings of Orbx central and he will be able to 

help if you still have difficulties

Hope this is of help & welcome to Orbx forums :)

Cheers

Pete

8 hours ago, DeepSky2020 said:

Please help me,

Any ideas?

In Orbx central you should be able to choose the installation of XP you are wanting Orbx Central to use. You click on the down arrow in the X-Plane box as shown in my attached pic 1.

You also need to redirect the path of your Orbx scenery files which I believe you are saying are in a folder called Ordex2 (typo error? Should it be orbex2

You would got to Orbx Central/settings/libraries and edit the path to ordex2 as exampled in my second pic.

Installations.thumb.JPG.e5c7ef5425eb75386066c46012325f01.JPG

451058405_Changelibrarypath.thumb.JPG.ae38f64524807a2fcd5404780cbe37f2.JPG

Thank you for the help on the menu and it now looks at the new install folder on drive d:

Only problem is that it removed all the downloads from the x-plane  on drive d: and got download the lot again.

I got to spend the next few days downloading again.

9 hours ago, renault said:

Hi 

Please go to the location    C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local. It may be "hidden" so you might have to go into File explorer to Options, View and check "Show hidden files, folders and drives" to see it

Down at the bottom of this folder you will see a file    x-plane_install_11.txt

Open it in Notepad.  In it you will see the line with your c: desktop/x-plane/ folder referenced.

Delete  this line  and  then resave the file

You may have to relink Orbx central to the new location, but now this will be the only referenced install location.

I have copied Jon Clarke  @Jon Clarke   who knows far more than I about the inner workings of Orbx central and he will be able to 

help if you still have difficulties

Hope this is of help & welcome to Orbx forums :)

Cheers

Pete

Thank you for the help.

Ive re-linked the orbex to the D: install of x-plane but i got to download all the data again for the next few days.

Archived