wither we goest

John Heaton

Now that the relationship between our Orbx and MSFX has been announced and helps to clarify our minds as to where 

we Orbx/P3D users will go for the next few months  - as most of us jump into trying the new sim around 5 weeks time - 

knowing that we will not have to abandon Orbx - or in mercenary terms - our investments - and will still see whatever Orbx will bring to the new Sim.

May I share my decisions with you - and my reasoning?

I love my Orbx and P3D 4.5 with all sliders to the right on my mid range PC - I love my very large Hangar of old and modern aircraft  

- but no matter how good they are - I am really restricted to the tiny part of our Earth that Orbx covers - because flying the rest of  the world

is very repetitive and boring with the default  scenery - despite Orbx global and vector- especially in VFR.

Just try a flight from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur - its the same as flying across France - or India -Yukk!

I will remove Orbx from my P3D4.5 (except Global and Vector) -  and see what some brilliant freeware scenery - I have been wanting to try - can do

for my eyesight - as well as flying my Old Timer aircraft - on some new short flights - retro - ing what we did in the 50's.

I will invest the same $A100 amount for a new install P3D V5 - ( the same $ as for the Std. MSFX) - and reload all my Orbx and what aircraft in my hangar V5 will port across -  and continue my local flights over Orbx TE - OLC -  and Regions.

On August 18th - I will use my free Standard version of MSFX - via my Gold Pass (PC and X box) - on my mid range PC - and go for the full MSFX

when it is released - for the new - Super X Box Series in November

I will then look forward to enjoying low local - and High continental -  flights over the new World scenery - especially in my home area of SE Asia and Oceana

that I have not yet been able to do  - with the exception of Australia V2 and NZ regionals - which - with luck - will still contain our Orbx airports to add to that

lonely Sydney one in the new Sim.

Archived