No airports TE GB Central

Holclo

Hi,

Have just installed TEGB Central (with North and South waiting to be installed).I followed the suggestion on the installer to allow installation to the XPlane folder- but I can see that there will be insufficient room to add my other areas to that drive. So I used the migration facility to transfer TEGB Central to my D drive into a folder I created called Orbx Sceneries.

This seems to have been successful except that airport buildings are not showing at the 3 airports I have looked at. ( EGGP, EGNT and EGCC)

I have attached the scenery.ini file.

Many thanks for any help,

William

scenery_packs.ini

I believe that TE for X Plane does not include any airports and relies on the X Plane community and Laminar Research to provide those airports.  I'm not quite sure of the mechanics but I believe Orbx had to put exclusions on the airport areas so that the default XPlane buildings didn't sit in the wrong places.

Surely that cannot be correct?

The Orbx True Earth GB South Demo has Southampton airport. There was no mention that I could see of airport buildings not being included. I buzzed around Southampton for a while before purchasing ALL of True Earth GB.

3 hours ago, Holclo said:

Surely that cannot be correct?

The Orbx True Earth GB South Demo has Southampton airport. There was no mention that I could see of airport buildings not being included. I buzzed around Southampton for a while before purchasing ALL of True Earth GB.

There are no airports added in the TEGB or any of the True Earth sceneries. I have never had the demo but can only conclude that if a demo version of Southampton was included it was again for demo purposes to show what TEGB South with an Orbx payware airport would look like.

All the airports in the TE series are default Laminar Gateway airports. 

You don't have any airport buildings showing because the scenery_packs.ini you have attached shows TEGB Central in the wrong layering sequence. It should be below Global Airports.I have adjusted the layering for you  and you will now see buildings. The TEGB Central sitting on the top of the layering as is in your scenery_packs, that scenery is blocking/masking all the airports.

Drop the attached scenery_packs.ini into your Custom Scenery folder overwriting the existing one.

Now you can enjoy the scenery:)

scenery_packs.ini

Thank you very much for your reply and I am sure that will fix the problem. The only other problem is the dummy at this end who cannot follow your instructions. Windows does not permit me to "copy" this file. So I download it and it shows scenery_packs(1).ini. And subsequent try (2).ini and (3).ini

When I drop these into the custom scenery Folder they do not overwrite the existing file. I have tried renaming them to take out the (1) etc but no luck.

9 hours ago, Holclo said:

Thank you very much for your reply and I am sure that will fix the problem. The only other problem is the dummy at this end who cannot follow your instructions. Windows does not permit me to "copy" this file. So I download it and it shows scenery_packs(1).ini. And subsequent try (2).ini and (3).ini

When I drop these into the custom scenery Folder they do not overwrite the existing file. I have tried renaming them to take out the (1) etc but no luck.

Delete the file called scenery_packs like the one I show in my pick.

Delete ALL the copies you made from your downloads folder sp that there are no copies left.

Now Download the one I attached in my previous post. It should appear in your downloads folder.Cut and paste  it into your Custom Scenery folder. 

1 hour ago, Holclo said:

Jon, would I be correct in assuming that this process will need to be repeated when I add True Earth GB North and South?

Orbx Central should place those other 2 TEGBs below the TEGB Central installation.

If it doesn't then I show a pic of what you need to ensure is the layering sequence to get the best out of the addons.

Please note that TEGB South also has a TEGB South Airports folder which needs to go above Global Airports, and the Laminar file for London Landmarks needs to be directly under Global airports.

Make your entries are like this:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - London/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_North_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/