UK North True Earth

VivJan

We have uninstalled this product, then spent 27 hours downloading it again to try & get a product which doesn't have mismatched tiles, blurred ground scenery & washed out colour, but it hasn't made any difference.  We don't have any problems with any of our other products, but North has been a problem child since day 1.

We would appreciate any help to get North running as brilliantly as Central & South.  Thanks Viv & Jan

Dundee 1.png

Dundee 3.png

X-System 11_07_2020 12_25_57.png

hi Jon, no we are on 4.1 & probably an earlier version originally when it first came out.  It has been not quite right from the first install.  Due to the length of time to download, this was a decision taken after many discussions & fiddling with settings etc, but no change.

Hope you can help. Viv & Jan

Sound like you are not on a fast internet connection. I empathise as a few years ago I was also on slow internet and it was 1hr15mins to download a gig as long as no one else used the net!! 

Give me your PC specs please.

I can see from your pics that there is blurry ground but all the TEGB series looks blurry from only a few hundred feet as does any orthos imagery. Please provide a pic or two from about 3000ft looking down so I can clearly see what the issue is.

I also need a pic or narrative of your XP settings please.

I also need as an attachment, your XP log from your XP directory.

Are the TEGB addons in your XP directory or in a Library on another drive?

Sorry for so many questions but without being sat in front of your PC it is difficult to asses the possible causes of your issues.

Am struggling here I'm afraid as all seems to be OK in your Log as far as I can see.

I don't know what your XP graphics settings are, so please let me know.

Please try the following:

XP Graphics/Texture Quality to next but one from highest.

AA to at least 4x

Now please do the following.

Clear your Temp folder and any backup you may have. See the attached pic on how to do and the location of any backup files for TEGB you may have.

Run Verify files for TEGB. 

When that is done please do the next step:

Rename your Custom Scenery folder to Custom Scenery.BAK.

Make a new folder called Custom Scenery (in your XP directory).

In your .BAK version make shortcuts for TEGB North, all 3 folders, plus Global Airports.

Put those shortcuts into the new Custom Scenery folder and run XP and exit.

Make sure Global Airports is above TEGB Custom/Overlay/Orthos

Choose a flight in TEGB North and let me know if there is any improvement.

This is to see if there is anything wrong with the TEGB product your end. I know you have redownloaded TEGB Norht but it may have been corrupted and may be reading from any backup copy you have made (possibly without knowing backups are being made)

1.thumb.JPG.3b3be46976a5e73b0df8dcbee7edbf3a.JPG

Hi Jon, we followed your excellent instructions, we did have some backups, which are now cleared.  We did a flight, but it looks worse than before, just basic XP.  We have sent pics for you to check we have done the folders etc, as you told us to.

New 2.png

New 3.png

New.png

Your screenshot of the files you shortcutted does not show the TEGB North Orthos folder, hence the default scenery

The other thing you can try is to move the 3 TEGB North folders and Global Airports folder into the new Custom Scenery folder instead of shortcuts. Seeing as both the old Custom Scenery folder and the new one are in the same  disk location it will not be a long process to move the files. It is not like moving from one disk to another. This way we can see if your TEGB North installation is OK.

Please give me the sizes of the 3 TEGB North folders you have installed.

TEGB North Custom =?

TEGB North Overlay =? there are 2 overlay folders in TEGB North

TEGB North Overlay =?

TEGB North Orthos =?

Bear with me on this issue as it is very difficult to find the problem when operating remotely.

Hi Jon, Sorry we didn't see the 4th folder, it was stuck way down the list.  we added it to the custom scenery folder, but no difference.  We have also moved all 4 folders into custom scenery plus Global (no shortcuts) , still no difference. We have attached TEGB folder sizes.

Still appreciating your help V & J

Mon 1.png

Mon.png

Folder sizes.odt

I have tried and tried to update TEGB North. The last two times I recorded screenshots after the thing froze my iMac completely. I could not use the mouse or the keyboard so even a force quit was impossible and I had to resort to a hard shutdown both times. I waited for two hours in each case before I gave up. As you can see from the difference between screenshots, other updates worked fine.

I can only think of removing the files for North and starting again from scratch (another overnight download despite my theoretical 500 MBs speed (I suspect your servers can not keep up, not my internet).

IMG_0713.thumb.JPG.8c3d2888cd589c4a0ebe26e19375c3a2.JPG

IMG_0714.thumb.JPG.8918d97211335abfbf529fde1474b530.JPG

I suggest that you only download one update at a time. Your last pic is showing 3 active updates running. Attach your Orbx Central log txt file from Orbx Central/settings/help.

Make sure you have cleared your Temp folder and deleted any backups of TEGB North again.

Then, and only after attaching the Orbx Central log file, uninstall TEGB North again. Sorry for the painful process but I am running out of ideas here as to what is the problem.

You have definitely got scenery overlap in your latest pics like with the additional runway markings and the mesh etc. Can you confirm that the last 2 scenery screenshots were taken when only the files in the new Custom Scenery folder were present or taken from when the Custom Scenery (.BAK) folder was active. I am unsure how you can get a scenery overlap when yopu only have TEGB North and Global airports installed.

Hi Jon, we are confused by your comment about running updates, because we didn't know any were downloading, where did you see them?  the computer was started only to go through your instructions.

Cleared temp folder, all TEGB folders were 0 contents.

we can confirm that the last 2 scenery shots were taken when the only folders in custom scenery were Global & TEGB, see current contents of Custom scenery folder in screenshot from a few minutes ago, no change except it had a  .bak file in it which I deleted. 

We ran XP again to check still no change.  

We have attached Log file as requested.

We will uninstall TEGB North later, just in case you have any more questions.  Just to recap, TEGB has been like this from 1st time of installing.

Now having a coffee, then drowning our sorrows over the electricity bill & 27+ hours of downloading.

Thank you for your help V & J

pm .png

Central log.odt

Hi Jon, the picture you show here is not from us, it is from a member called ghun 1, he has added a post & 3 pictures.  We would be waiting a week if we did 3 downloads at the same time.

Hope that clears up the confusion. 

Thanks V & J

9 hours ago, VivJan said:

Hi Jon, the picture you show here is not from us, it is from a member called ghun 1, he has added a post & 3 pictures.  We would be waiting a week if we did 3 downloads at the same time.

Hope that clears up the confusion. 

Thanks V & J

My apologies. had a bad day yesterday, missing things in posts or pics that were relevant:lol:

Hi Jon, hope your day is better today, we are currently downloading TEGB 9GB done 11GB to go.

Not sure if it's relevant,  but this time when we started the download a message popped up that libraries needed to be downloaded  &  installed first to make sure the product worked, while I can't remember if that happened the 1st install, I definitely know it didn't happen last week when it was reinstalled, but is that because we have just the 4 folders in Custom Scenery.

Thank you for your help V&J

sorry for poking my nose in, I thought this was a general discussion of the problem presented. I caused some confusion, so sorry about that. As for simultaneous downloads though, there appears to be no such thing as Orbx central simply loads them one at a time, and only moves onto the next download when one has finished. My problem with updating on my iMac is still there for TEGB North, but I am getting around the problem by doing a fresh install of all my Orbx data on a PC. Started this morning and its almost finished, with no errors reported. 

Gary

9 hours ago, VivJan said:

Hi Jon, hope your day is better today, we are currently downloading TEGB 9GB done 11GB to go.

Not sure if it's relevant,  but this time when we started the download a message popped up that libraries needed to be downloaded  &  installed first to make sure the product worked, while I can't remember if that happened the 1st install, I definitely know it didn't happen last week when it was reinstalled, but is that because we have just the 4 folders in Custom Scenery.

Thank you for your help V&J

You may well need to update your OrbxLibsXP as that library is required for Orbx airports.

You do not require OrbxLibsXP for True Earth as far as I was informed but that doesn't mean i would recommend not installing or updating it

Archived