EGNM & EGPH

Jay1law

Hi, I purchased both these Airports yesterday, and the performance is absolutely terrible.

I have a high end machine and have read that the light poles seem to be the cause of 

poor FPS. I do not have a clue how to use WED and would like to know what is the easiest

way to fix these Airports performance. 

6 hours ago, Jay1law said:

Hi, I purchased both these Airports yesterday, and the performance is absolutely terrible.

I have a high end machine and have read that the light poles seem to be the cause of 

poor FPS. I do not have a clue how to use WED and would like to know what is the easiest

way to fix these Airports performance. 

Welcome.

Sorry about your issues but I can only refer this back to the Devs.  @Raz Goeta for EGPH and guidance from @Greg Jones for EGNM

@Greg Jones Customers are fixing reported issues. Poor fps at EGNM found to be caused by apron  lighting and lack of ai traffic due to the restriction made for props only in the parking areas.

This fix was posted by a customer but is needed to be done by the devs please:

I opened the dat file for Orbx egnm in wed but couldn't see any light poles. Eventually figured out that I also needed to import the dsf file for engm and once I did that I could see the cars and other features including the lights. I simply selected each light in turn and deleted them then saved the dsf (all I did was click save and it seemed to work. I then saved the dat file overwriting the original (I figure I can always reinstall using Orbx central if it all goes wrong). Fired up xp and not only have I got my frames back but more surprisingly I still have light poles. I went back into the dsf and the poles have definitely gone so I wonder if I'm now seeing default xp ones or something? Whatever is going on it definitely seems to have worked and for the first time ever I can approach the terminal at egnm and not see frames take a nose dive! 

This sounds more like there are duplicated installs of the airport. The fact that removing the lights improves frames but there lights still appears strongly suggests that somehow two copies of the airport were installed. Either duplicate Orbx airports or perhaps the Orbx version and another third party.

There's been no reported performance issues connected with lighting in XP11 that I've been made aware of at least.

Greg

Archived