KPSP - How to disable jetbridges

I assume this is GSX level 2.

The fine guys at FSDreamteam seem to have thought about this - never done it before but the GSX manual seems to describe the process on page 13. Good luck!

3rd party sceneries with animated Jetways using the default animation
system, but with custom models
If a 3rd-party airport use the default Jetway animation system (CTRL+J), but has a
custom model, GSX won’t replace Jetways automatically, but it will still be possible
to have GSX replace them and upgrade to SODE jetways. But the process won’t
be automatic: it will require editing the desired parking spots, and indicate where you
which ones will have their jetways replaced.
Many payware 3rd-party airports belong to this category. The process will work as follows:
• In the GSX Parking customization page, you will select one or more parking spots
where you want the existing Jetways to be replaced.
• The GSX editor will create an XML source code file for an Exclude .BGL, which will
contain only commands to exclude Jetways, and nothing else from that scenery.
• The XML source code can be compiled with the standard BGLCOMP utility from the
SDK, into an “Exclude .BGL”, which will be placed in a shared folder, containing all
the Exclude files you’ll create with GSX.
• After creating this .XML file, it will be required to Quit the simulator to compile
it into a .BGL. This is required, since it’s not possible to rewrite an already-loaded
.BGL file while the simulator is running.
• On the next startup of the simulator, Animated Jetways of the 3rd-party airport will
disappear in all parking spots which were selected to have their Jetways removed.
• It will now be possible to add SODE Jetways with the Parking customization editor,
choosing from a large selection of models offered by GSX Level 2.
The main advantages of this approach are:
• The original scenery won’t be touched. GSX will never modify any of the files that
comes with a 3rd party scenery, since it will only create an additional “Exclude
.BGL”, which will stay in its own separate folder.
• It will be quite easy to go back to the original situation: just remove the Exclude
.BGL file from the GSX folder, and remove the parking customization, so the scenery
will go back as it were before.

All the best,

John

Thanks, 

The issue at KPSP is first, the jetways are not animated and cannot be excluded using the GSX2 configurator. What ends up happening is each gate will have 2 jetways - the one baked into the scenery, and the animated SODE GSX jetways. They'll appear on top of each other and just destroys the immersion. 

I'm not sure why Orbx decided not to revisit this airport and update the jetways like they did for many of their older sceneries. This had been quite frustrating to figure out.

Ah, my apologies, I'd forgotten they were static jetways.

As far as I know there is no way to get round this without editing the model of the terminal. The jetways are part of that model and the only way to exclude the jetways is to exclude the entire terminal.

Sorry for my error.

All the best,

John

Hi Dave,

Someone also did this and provided it on the FSDreamteam GSX forums. It seems clear to me that they did their best (not entirely successfully) to remove the files because they involved editing and re-distributing the Orbx files which is, of course, a breach of the EULA :-[

As I said, the only way to do this is to edit the model of the terminal. If inibuilds have found another way of doing it that will be impressive.

All the best,

John

Archived