I keep getting low frames in uk , I have tegb south and London city airport installed my sim is barely running at 20 fps , I don't think my pc is the problem I have an i5 9600k overclocked and an rtx 2060 super and 16 gb ram , when I start from London heathrow the sim runs at 10-15 fps and in London city it runs at 20 fps , and my gpu is only stuck at 25-35% usage all my settings are set to high exept the reflection details its set to medium.

Desktop Screenshot 2020.07.08 - 12.53.42.01.png

4 hours ago, fredq8 said:

I keep getting low frames in uk , I have tegb south and London city airport installed my sim is barely running at 20 fps , I don't think my pc is the problem I have an i5 9600k overclocked and an rtx 2060 super and 16 gb ram , when I start from London heathrow the sim runs at 10-15 fps and in London city it runs at 20 fps , and my gpu is only stuck at 25-35% usage all my settings are set to high exept the reflection details its set to medium.

Desktop Screenshot 2020.07.08 - 12.53.42.01.png

EGLC and London in general is probably one of the most demanding areas of the scenery addon.

Your performance issues is not untypical and does require some reduction of settings.

I tried to reduce the settings to medium and low but it barely makes any difference and it dosent look good with medium settings , maybe I need more vram ? if I got a 1080ti or an 2080ti may fix it ?

Yes. I have a 1080ti and I use 11.50 beta and get mid 20s fps at ground level with Orbx EGLC which is also a demanding addon, and late 20-early 30 fps over London and 40+ when away from the major part of London.

Have you tried the XP beta. I wrote a piece about how to install a second version of XP like the beta and only use about 6-12GB of space and have all your addons available in the beta version without any additional installing of them

See this link as it will enhance your performance. Please note that Orbx doesn't officially support beta versions.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/196546-how-to-install-a-beta-and-save-disk-space/

@Nick Cooper Please move this topic from Bug as it is not a bug, it is a performance issue. Thanks

Archived