717 activation problem. Please help

Hi,

As a customer of Orbx products since the early days I am delighted with your scenery.  

I bought the TFDi 717 2 days ago and cannot get it to load up in P3Dv4.

Fist thing I did was contact them through a ticket but I've been given next to no help from them.  When they have responded it is with the standard 'uninstall and re-install' message.  I have done this many many times now with anti-virus off / run as administrator etc.

During one re-install I tried to download through your site rather manually rather than Orbx central and noticed the message below.  Could this be the issue?  I have tried everything else.  Can you reset / re-activate my download link somehow?

image.png.88cc724bb48d1403e2643540ef427235.png

Also when following their instruction to download through the TFDi addon installer I noticed the error below when trying to open the Orbx link.

image.png.4e4b9d257c5bca3845de70bd3bd8d0a6.png

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated as TFDi have not impressed me with their response (or lack of).

Thanks a lot,

John

Hello John,

welcome to the forums.

Manual downloads have been discontinued but the links and texts have not been removed

from the Orbx Direct web pages.

Can you clarify if you have installed the aircraft model but that it does not work, or

that you cannot install it at all?

Hi Nick,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

The product downloads OK from Orbx central and all the files look like they are in the correct folders etc.

The aircraft selects OK from P3Dv4 menu but when I click ok to load this message comes up.

image.png.1a20e81649ff852b629862a5b3421d9c.png

Can a new download link be set up on my account?  I seem to have tried everything else and TFDi repeatedly say to uninstall / re-install to fix problem.

Uninstall was done through Orbx central and I've even searched for all the left over files afterwards and removed them also.

Many thanks,

John

5 hours ago, zonda12s said:

Hi Nick,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

The product downloads OK from Orbx central and all the files look like they are in the correct folders etc.

The aircraft selects OK from P3Dv4 menu but when I click ok to load this message comes up.

image.png.1a20e81649ff852b629862a5b3421d9c.png

Can a new download link be set up on my account?  I seem to have tried everything else and TFDi repeatedly say to uninstall / re-install to fix problem.

Uninstall was done through Orbx central and I've even searched for all the left over files afterwards and removed them also.

Many thanks,

John

I had the same message, I went to the User Guide and ran through the steps in the attached page, I can't remember what fixed it but something I followed did.  Have you followed all the advice on the page?

717.thumb.jpg.53b3a8f2016ad3c958741a6ac6999cab.jpg

Thanks for your thoughts guys.

Had to get TFDi support to remote access my computer for some wizardry. Looks like they uninstalled the Orbx version and gave me their own. It was not straightforward.

All resolved apart from some changes I had to do afterwards:

Make sure the addon manager is installed in the same location as the aircraft (p3d) or it won't update fuel etc.

Had to turn off sparse grid supersampling in nvidia inspector as it caused some faults in displays in the vc 

Apart from that - beautiful aircraft and looking forward to spending some time with it

Archived