True Earth US Washington and US Oregon Add What?

I have installed P3Dv5 - HF2 and am now starting to populate v5 with Orbx and other add-ons as they become available with v5 installers. I am wondering if I need all of them.

For example, I own:

Orbx Global Base Pack

Orbx Global Buildings HD

Orbx Global Trees HD

Orbx Global Vector

Orbx Global Open LC North America

PILOTS FS GLOBAL 2018 Mesh

Orbx Region Pacific Northwest

Orbx Region Northern California

Drzewiecki Seattle Airports and Seattle City

Orbx Sequim Valley Airfield

Orbx Cityscape Portland

Flightbeam KPDX

What will True Earth US Washington and True Earth US Oregon add to my simming experience? Will they make some of the things I already have unnecessary?

After V5 was released, I can remember seeing posts that Orbx Global Vector wasn't even going to be released for v5 (it obviously has been) and that PILOT's mesh was no longer needed. What is Orbx's take on the mesh issue?

Thanks,

Stephen

Hello Stephen,

the True earth products are photo scenery and you should view the product pages and decide whether they are for you.

The reasons for the change of direction on Vector are made clear in the Release Announcement.

I have neither read of nor can I comment on Pilot's mesh, which has nothing to do with Orbx.

In general terms, enhanced mesh usually improves the simulator experience and is included in all Orbx regions, except

the two Ireland products.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply. I had missed the release announcement on Vector but now have much clearer understanding of your v5 release.

Do you know if the enhanced mesh in Orbx regions supersedes any other mesh installed?

Thanks,

Stephen

Hello,

the highest resolution mesh is displayed. The regions' mesh is tailored to the region and vice versa

so it should give the best results.

We have seen support requests where a higher resolution mesh has been added and introduced a few anomalies,

mainly around Orbx airport boundaries that had been carefully matched to the surrounding mesh.

Archived