Can Not Update XP11 - TE Washington

I haven't used any of my sims in a long while.

I launched Central and found there were plenty of updates.

I have two XP11s installed one is my principle setup the other is a backup.

The Central finds one copy of my TE Washington installed but its my backup version of the sim which is not completely out of date and likely will be deleted.

The Central does NOT find my TE WA like OR, CA - north and south - as they are installed directly into the custom scenery folder, I suspect due to the shortcut approach.

I use a separate drive to store terabytes of ortho scenery including TE Washington for my primary XP11.4+ sim and put shortcuts into Scenery.ini to link it into the system.

Is there a way to get Central up recognize the shortcuted TE Washington so that I can get the update.  I also note that I tried to do a manual download and it clearly states that the manual version is not a fully updated version.

Bryan

5 hours ago, fltsimguy said:

I haven't used any of my sims in a long while.

I launched Central and found there were plenty of updates.

I have two XP11s installed one is my principle setup the other is a backup.

The Central finds one copy of my TE Washington installed but its my backup version of the sim which is not completely out of date and likely will be deleted.

The Central does NOT find my TE WA like OR, CA - north and south - as they are installed directly into the custom scenery folder, I suspect due to the shortcut approach.

I use a separate drive to store terabytes of ortho scenery including TE Washington for my primary XP11.4+ sim and put shortcuts into Scenery.ini to link it into the system.

Is there a way to get Central up recognize the shortcuted TE Washington so that I can get the update.  I also note that I tried to do a manual download and it clearly states that the manual version is not a fully updated version.

Bryan

Unfortunately Orbx central does not recognise shortcuts when it comes to Updates. It will recognise symlinks though. I suggest you could let it update your TE Washington etc in the XP directory and then symlink those files or just remove the current shortcuts from your preferred XP installation and then symlink those folders into your preferred XP copy. With a symlink it fools Orbx Central into thinking the addon is actually installed in the drive where the symlink exists. Not fooled by a shortcut link:lol:

Here is a quick and simple SymLink programme that is really easy to use:

HardLinkShellExt_X64.zip

Thanks for this response, sorry it took me so long to respond.  For some reason I did not seem to get a notification or I missed it.

Anyway, I will look into doing as you say and then check into sim links.

Thanks Bryan

Archived