BUG REPORT -

mabsoft

You are about to post into the X Plane 11 BUG REPORT forum. This forum is for reporting BUGS in a working Orbx X Plane 11 product.

A BUG is defined as a product that is working as it should but there is a problem with the working product.

Please review your request before posting into this forum.

A request for support with a product that does not work should be placed into the X Plane 11 Support forum.

Hello

Edinburgh Airport - shows a message that a problem exists within X-Plane

All other airports I purchased from ypu seem to work OK .. X-Plane reports :-

image.thumb.png.cbe92f43403a5ac0718a68cdbc597e1e.png

The X-Plane log file shows a bunch of missing files.

I have verified succesfully the North Scenary and the Airport

I have disk space as:-

image.thumb.png.433d7bbdd7925293a01993d05905331b.png

Log.txt

image.thumb.png.ac2c6da11ff98a9f6dd18b6bd62ff66b.png

image.thumb.png.b3ad074e18b054f6b43a363dc0f200ec.png

Can someone help me out here please ....

How can these files be missing - if the central install system handles the downloads and verifies all is good ??? !!!!

The MH car reports problems when in use at Edinburugh ... So select end of runway 24 and problemo ...

image.thumb.png.5bc5dd7dffed60856335ac95d0cf0748.png

Help

Thanks

Mike

@Nick Cooper Please move this to the support forum. It is not a bug. Thanks.

@mabsoft  I need an attached copy of your scenery_packs.ini please, not a picture.

The missing AO_A.dds is noted and reported to the devs but there is a note from a forum member offering a potential temp fix:

"it seams to me this path reference is incorrect

./Misc/EGPH_17.obj:TEXTURE_DRAPED    ..\Objects\
it should be just ..\AO_A.dds

alejandro@Desktop:~/X-Plane_11/Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Misc$ ls ../AO_A.dds 
../AO_A.dds

if change it manually and this fixed the issue"

I know this is only a part and probably insignificant part of the problem you have because the log shows other errors.

Your Log is also showing missing texture files for TEGB Central and that message normally relates to a lack of free disk space. In your case it could have been on the drive where your downloads go onto, probably the one in your pic which is called Macintosh HD, which only has 183GB of free space on it.

Hi Nick

I have re-posted as I don't know how to move the original post to another forum.

To clean up - does this topic now need to be deleted.

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm an intelligent guy, my reading of the rules was . Product works but does not work as it should so therefore a bug !!! eg. the Edinburgh Airport.

If the Airport had refused to load in X-Plane for example I would then have posted in a support forum.

In this case your determination of wrong forum does not follow the above logic - so please explain your determination - thanks sorry to be a pain.

Bye for now

Mike

6 hours ago, mabsoft said:

Hi Nick

I have re-posted as I don't know how to move the original post to another forum.

To clean up - does this topic now need to be deleted.

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm an intelligent guy, my reading of the rules was . Product works but does not work as it should so therefore a bug !!! eg. the Edinburgh Airport.

If the Airport had refused to load in X-Plane for example I would then have posted in a support forum.

In this case your determination of wrong forum does not follow the above logic - so please explain your determination - thanks sorry to be a pain.

Bye for now

Mike

HI Mike.A bug is where there may be an anomaly like a floating buildings, spikes in the scenery, incomplete water masking etc. Things that need fixing via an update to the product. Plenty of example are in the Bug forum where your initial post was made.

30 minutes ago, mabsoft said:

OK I moved this over to the Support Forum - I also asked Nick some questions

No reply yet

Thanks

Mike

Nick tends to stand in for me when I am not online but I will normally answer the queries when I get back online.

Archived