Windows 10 (no space)

Hi...just installed Windows 10.All updated...everything works...including P3D v5

Orbx Central...does not show my purchases...

when I want to create a library it says 'not enough space

I am a bit fed up with this...spent a lot of money on Orbx...loved it on Windows 8.1

what is going on? 

Thank you Nick...I managed to get that sorted.    

Then realised I was running short on space.  So directed a Second Library to Drive.E.  (I attached screenshot)

How can I prevent my C drove from filling up and showing red? 

If my P3Dv5 is on Drive F, is there a way to get Orbx to drive E completely?  In other words without downloading to c drive.  C drive is my os and office.

Basically I want all P3D on drive F and all of Orbx on drive E. 

screenshot for Orbx.docx

Hello Tom,

you can choose the location that Orbx Central uses for the installation on the Downloader page, Temporary

Files location. That should stop it using the C drive except for its own files, which are only a few dozen megabytes.

Hello Nick. Thanks again.   My system is a mess :angry: all my fault hahaha...

i copied all Orbx files from C to E.   Will it work?

And, I think it will be better for me to completely uninstall Orbx and start again.    Is there a way to do this?   (I will keep P3d as it is)

Tom

Hello,

you will first need to create an Orbx Central Library.

Once you have done that, select all of the named Orbx product folders and put them into the p3dv5 folder,

then put that folder into your new Orbx central Library folder and see if Orbx Central can see them.

Hello,

I deleted all Orbx folders....Also Orbx central.  Have just re-installed Central.  It asks me to make a library.   I have done that , created folder E:\Orbx Library.

When I go to install Base Pack it says I must install libraries. It immediately goes to C: and starts installing there. How can I do as you suggested? 

""Hello Tom,

you can choose the location that Orbx Central uses for the installation on the Downloader page, Temporary

Files location. That should stop it using the C drive except for its own files, which are only a few dozen megabytes.

Sorry...I do not understand???

Hello Nick,

Found this...all set now.  Read the Help manual....  P3D running smoothly...Libraries, Base, Object flow, Vector and NZ NI and NZWR all on E drive. Not a hitch.

Thanks again for all your help.

So quick with central...used to spend hours with FTX.

Have a great day and evening...

Kind regards,

Tom

Hello Nick, 

I have a gigabyte problem.    MY TE Netherlands and Australia 2 need vast  spaces to download and unzip. 

As P3D is on F drive...and I have 880gb free on that, is it possible to create a new library on this same drive?   ie. create F:\ Library Two. It will not be in the P3D folder.

Thank you,

Tom

Thank you.

How do I create it? Sorry - feel a bit stupid today.   entering 13th week of isolation. Pfffftt

Would it be better for me to delete P3D and install Central on the 1tb drive F ?

Then reinstall P3D on the 250g drive E?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I sometimes think I am losing my mind.  A simple question for which I am getting terribly confused.  I have a newly formatted Drive E. I want to download and install P3Dv5 again.     

It says under options for install make a folder .  How?    I have New Volume (E) ..what do I do next"?

I add folder P3Dv5 but it does not appear as E:\P3Dv5

What am I missing?

Tom

I thought volume and folder were completely different things?......if you had right clicked on Drive E you should have had an option for New Folder, you can name this anything you like.....I thought volume was more to do with splitting the drive into volumes not folders......

2 hours ago, Tom Charles said:

Hi there,

I sometimes think I am losing my mind.  A simple question for which I am getting terribly confused.  I have a newly formatted Drive E. I want to download and install P3Dv5 again.     

It says under options for install make a folder .  How?    I have New Volume (E) ..what do I do next"?

I add folder P3Dv5 but it does not appear as E:\P3Dv5

What am I missing?

Tom

When you install your sim you have to choose "OPTIONS" on the first screen to be able to pick the location where you want it to install.

Jack

Archived