[ANSWERED] afcad files for major airports in PNW region

B77X

I'm disappointed in the afcad files for the big airports, the ones I have visited so far, CYYJ (9 parking spots), KPDX (almost no GA and Cargo spots), CYVR same as PDX... nothing coded with airline codes. The PNW addon is ground breaking and I love it, but the afcad files are not too hot. Can I replace them with ones people made for the default airports, or will some of your additional buildings and grass textures conflict?

Thanks

David

Looks like the elevation data is incorrect for most default afcad files. As an example look at how detailed this file is from the Alpha India Group

aig_kpdx_portland_fsx_default.zip

Correct GA and cargo parking, airline codes, great setup.

Hello David,

already in the works. We've recently added an experienced AFCAD coder to the team who has begun working through all major airports in the PNW region to add proper airline coding, gate placements, etc. We'll probably publish another PNW patch in a few weeks that will include the first batch of his updates as well as a bunch of other fixes.

If you want to add third-party AFCAD files you can do so but you may have to use ADE to adjust their airport elevation to ours. Also, some of their features and structures may not fully align with the surrounding PNW environment.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks that's good to hear, loading up AI adds to the experience and without proper afcad files it doesn't look right. Also, are any ground environment extreme textures being used? Or is the landclass mainly using default textures?

Hi there,

neither GEX nor default, all ground textures are PNW custom! The only default textures are the airport apron, taxiway, and runway sets so if you're using REX or other third-party add-ons that replace those they may appear different from our screenshots.

Cheers, Holger

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased UT2 last night. Fired up FSX to see aircraft at KSEA completely not where they're supposed to be parked, i.e. American and Southwest planes at Concourse C instead of Concourses A & B, Horizon Q400's not parked in the correct spots, etc. I'm actually going through KSEA this weekend for a business trip and consider it my home airport in FSX. 

Was almost going to download an accurate AFCAD for KSEA until I read this post. Also not seeing any GA AI at KOLM after double/triple checking the UT2 settings. Hope to see this patch VERY quickly ;)

- Blake

Archived