True Earth NorCal SF Bay Bridge

After purchasing the True Earth Northern California scenery (for P3d), I did a quick flight around the SF Bay Area. I was quite impressed by how it realistically depicted the scenery. I was even able to follow the roads to fly over my own house!!! Then as I approached San Francisco, I noticed something a bit odd about the Bay Bridge. Specifically the San Francisco segment from the city to Treasure Island. It seemed a bit too wide and too low, with the upper level collapsed onto the lower level. I am including screenshots comparing the bridge with True Earth scenery and the bridge with just the Orbx NorCal scenery. I would  appreciate very much if a patch is created to fix this.

ORBX_NorCal_SFBayBridg2.jpg

ORBX_TrueEarth_NorCal_SFBayBridge4.jpg

ORBX_NorCal_SFBayBridge.jpg

ORBX_TrueEarth_NorCal_SFBayBridge3.jpg

ORBX_NorCal_SFBayBridg3.jpg

ORBX_TrueEarth_NorCal_SFBayBridge5.jpg

I too purchased this scenery and must admit a great improvement over the NorCal scenery.  Living in the area can make out most of the landmarks.   I thought I was alone in the observing of the Bay Bridge Elevation issues.   Not only is it pancaked and low (large ai ships will hit it) but the East end of the bridge before Oakland is underwater.   Flying by Helo I also noticed that non of the Mare Island Bridges are depicted (One a bridge the other causeway).  The West span of the Benicia bridge is a causeway (should be a bridge too) and the old railroad bridge between the two spans is missing.  I believe this was depicted in the original Norcal scenery.  Anyway thanks for the great job.  Mike

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived