Open LC Africa discrepency

Hauer

Dear Orbx Team,

I did a flight yesterday from Port Elizabeth (FAPE) to The Jeffrey's Bay area just south and noticed that totally wrong textures have been applied. Looks more like very tropical housing / vegetation which is certainly not applicable to the region. Perhaps you can review this and apply to a possible future update. Thank you.

Herman

I just had a look and the house styles look similar to what Google Earth shows.  There's more vegetation true but remember this is a continent wide product with only a limited range of land classes available.

SA1.thumb.jpg.4928458dadd18cf54a882ef7102e547b.jpg

SA2.thumb.jpg.26d4443be462d6a3bcd4a5f26d70c4e2.jpg

reminds me of Sal, Cape Verde.. many of us have been there on holiday at the resorts. The hotels are lovely but no getting around it being a godforsaken windswept rock named after the salt mined there and battered by those saharan sand-laden winds.. There's far more greenery on the sim - similar to above - than you'd ever dream of seeing on the island. 

some photos: https://flic.kr/s/aHskqnyi4L

image.png.827dc1fae8eb7ff0f1a0dea29559857b.png

Very interesting, John.  Very different than what I encountered during my flight yesterday.

Will do another flight soon and make some screenshots. Am using a freeware scenery for Jeffreys Bay airport. Perhaps that had some impact but I can't imagine that.

To be followed-up. Thank you.

Herman

Well guys, it was indeed the Jeffreys Bay freeware airport that I had downloaded that not only gave me an airport but also provided me with non-appropriate housing and vegetation!

So firstly, my apologies to the Orbx Team and secondly thanks to John for checking the scenery against that wwhat is shown in Google.

Here is an example of what the freeware download had caused... (included not only Jeffreys Bay but Cape St. Francis as well) :wacko:

r4Dbbq4.jpg

Lesson learnt!

Herman :)

Archived