How to reinstall already downloaded sceneries

Hi there, 

I apologise in advance for my noob question but I'm new to x-plane 11 and Orbx Central and however confused I may be and daunted by the complexity of flight simulators I got really hooked on the hobby and in large part due to your breathtaking sceneries which are simply amazing... !

Let me cut to the chase, though. I have messed something up with my installation of x-plane (steam one), I suspect the new Windows 10 May update maybe the culprit or some of the add-ons, and I need to reinstall x-plane 11 from scratch. I just want to redownload and reinstall having wiped all the add-ons and shaders from previous install and just have pristine copy of X-plane running with just your amazing TE GB and NA sceneries. I already have Orbx installed with my main and secondary libraries on two external usb 3.1 ssd drives. I have all the TE sceneries downloaded and installed there with exception of Orbx libraries and Sam manager and Terra Flora which are inside x-plane 11 steam installation on one of my pc's internal drives (not C:). How do I go about reinstaling those sceneries from external drives once I reinstall steam copy of X-plane 11 without having to redownload my Orbx sceneries from those drives. Should I reinstall Orbx Central and somehow point it to the correct paths?

I'd much appreciate precise explanation and tips on how to do that.

Kind regards,

Bogumił

I will ask @Nick Cooper to answer this one as he is much more capable in regard to this type of topic and explanation of how to achieve what you are wanting to do.

Personally I would symlink all the addons into the new XP installation Custom Scenery Folder but I think Nick can advise on a method that uses Orbx Central.

Archived