BUG REPORT - Error when loading EGPH

Powellr3

Get a loading error for EGPH in X-Plane 11.41r1

"There was a problem loading the scenery package

Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/

The scenery may not look correct

Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information"

My OS is a iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) with 40GB of memory.

Attached is the Log.txt file.

Any help fix it would be appreciated

Log.txt

Please open the EGPH folder and then open Objects/misc and see if you have this file that the Log is saying it cannot find:

Failed to find resource '../Objects/AO_A.dds', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Misc/'.

44 minutes ago, Powellr3 said:

Hi Jon

There is no "AO_A.dds" file in "Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Misc/" but there is a "AO_A.dds" file in  "Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects"

Please see attached screen print

Thanks

Screenshot 2020-06-13 at 18.44.42.png

Make a copy/paste of the dds file and place it in the objects/misc folder. Then see what happens.

hi , i have the same problem. brand new install

please fix this scenery and push your update via central

0:01:15.503 E/OBJ: ERROR: object Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Main_terminal/animated_jet_sam.OBJ has a bad light name: airplane_beacon_rotate
0:01:15.503 E/OBJ: ERROR: object Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Main_terminal/animated_jet_sam.OBJ has a bad light name: airplane_beacon_rotate_sp
0:01:15.503 E/OBJ: ERROR: object Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Main_terminal/animated_jet_sam.OBJ has a bad light name: airplane_beacon_rotate_sp
0:01:15.503 E/OBJ: ERROR: object Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Main_terminal/animated_jet_sam.OBJ has a bad light name: airplane_beacon_rotate
0:01:15.503 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../Objects/AO_A.dds', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Misc/'.
0:01:15.503 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Misc/EGPH_17.obj:6:
0:01:15.503 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Misc/
0:01:15.503 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: There was a problem loading the scenery package:
0:01:15.503 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/
0:01:15.503 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: The scenery may not look correct.
0:01:15.503 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.
0:01:15.503 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: /jenkins/design-triggered/source_code/app/X-Plane-f/../../engine/REN/REN_graphstate_terrain.cpp:635
0:01:15.503 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:01:15.503 E/SYS: | There was a problem loading the scenery package:
0:01:15.503 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/
0:01:15.503 E/SYS: | The scenery may not look correct.
0:01:15.503 E/SYS: | Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.
0:01:15.503 E/SYS: | (REN_graphstate_terrain.cpp:635)
0:01:15.503 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9 hours ago, xplanearg said:

hi , i have the same problem. brand new install

please fix this scenery and push your update via central

0:01:15.503 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../Objects/AO_A.dds', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Misc/'.
0:01:15.503 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Misc/EGPH_17.obj:6:
0:01:15.503 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Misc/
0:01:15.503 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: There was a problem loading the scenery package:
0:01:15.503 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/
0:01:15.503 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: The scenery may not look correct.
0:01:15.503 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.
0:01:15.503 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: /jenkins/design-triggered/source_code/app/X-Plane-f/../../engine/REN/REN_graphstate_terrain.cpp:635
0:01:15.503 E/SYS: | There was a problem loading the scenery package:
0:01:15.503 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/
0:01:15.503 E/SYS: | The scenery may not look correct.
0:01:15.503 E/SYS: | Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.
0:01:15.503 E/SYS: | (REN_graphstate_terrain.cpp:635)

You need to attach your XP Log file in full please and confirm you have SAM installed and advise what OS you use. Windows or Mac?

2 hours ago, Powellr3 said:

Jon

Made copy of AO_A.dds and pasted to "objects/misc" folder. Reloaded XPlane got the same error, log attached.

Thanks

Screenshot 2020-06-14 at 17.25.20.png

Log.txt 51.5 kB · 0 downloads

At this point I can only suggest you uninstall EGPH via Orbx Central making sure you have cleared your Temp folder and deleted any backup copy yu have. Reboot PC and then reinstall including the SAM files

See the pic below :

1.thumb.JPG.beef7bbf4d3e85c76aeba6dade271192.JPG

Hi, thanks for your reply.

SAM and Orbx library are installed from central, and are up to date

my OS is linux

xp 11.50 beta 10

attached is the full log

Log.txt

it seams to me this path reference is incorrect

./Misc/EGPH_17.obj:TEXTURE_DRAPED    ..\Objects\AO_A.dds

it should be just ..\AO_A.dds

alejandro@Desktop:~/X-Plane_11/Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Misc$ ls ../AO_A.dds 
../AO_A.dds

if change it manually and this fixed the issue

can you please push this update via central?

9 hours ago, xplanearg said:

Hi, thanks for your reply.

SAM and Orbx library are installed from central, and are up to date

my OS is linux

xp 11.50 beta 10

attached is the full log

Log.txt 715.71 kB · 0 downloads

it seams to me this path reference is incorrect

./Misc/EGPH_17.obj:TEXTURE_DRAPED    ..\Objects\AO_A.dds

it should be just ..\AO_A.dds

alejandro@Desktop:~/X-Plane_11/Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Misc$ ls ../AO_A.dds 
../AO_A.dds

if change it manually and this fixed the issue

can you please push this update via central?

Thanks for the info.

I will ask @Greg Jones to get this corrected if applicable. It may for some reason be an issue with the Linux/Mac versions as the problem has not been noted by Windows users

sorry, im confused by that image.

im dont understand if that "A" is just part of the building or you see that in your screen no matter where you point the camera

The problem is an object is referencing to a texture that does not exist in that given path.

the solution is either change the path of the OBJ file, or copy and paste the texture to the path the OBJ is looking for it

but this solution relies on the assumption that the new texture is correct, and it may not be. It just happens to have the same name.

i did not see that "A" in my screen, however if im copying the incorrect texture, that happens to have the exact name, you could see objects with the incorrect texture.

hope that makes sense.

sorry, im confused by that image.

im dont understand if that "A" is just part of the building or you see that in your screen no matter where you point the camera

The problem is an object is referencing to a texture that does not exist in that given path.

the solution is either change the path of the OBJ file, or copy and paste the texture to the path the OBJ is looking for it

but this solution relies on the assumption that the new texture is correct, and it may not be. It just happens to have the same name.

i did not see that "A" in my screen, however if im copying the incorrect texture, that happens to have the exact name, you could see objects with the incorrect texture.

hope that makes sense.

Archived