Sunken airports in v5

I am running Global Base, OpenLC NA in the area I am flying in, Colorado.  I have noticed sunken airports when flying between KDEN and KPUB.  I have attached a screenshot of what I am seeing and it is more than just a couple of airports.

depressed airport.jpg

I will have to check on the airport.  I just was reading a post of the Orbx products that are compatible with v5 and saw that vector was listed.  I do not have vector installed for v5 because it didn't show up in My Products.  So now I am installing vector for v5 and will recheck the sunken airports that I have seen to see if there is a difference.

Hello,

as the version of Vector for P3D v5 has no airport elevation corrections in it, there will be no difference.

Please have a read here:

If you can name at least one of the more than just a couple of airports, I will take a look but

I need to know which Orbx products I should use.

Have you added anyone's "improved" mesh?

Thanks.

I will read that thread you posted.  After installing vector and seeing there is no elevation correction I went to the airport in the screenshot above, CO09.  And yes it is still sunken.  I will check for others.  I have the Pilot's Mesh 2020 installed.  I tried unchecking that in the scenery library and it made no difference.

Hello,

I went to CO09 and I see that it is indeed sunken.

I looked at P3D v4 and see that both v4 and v5 versions are at 4500 feet.

So are the FSX and FS9 versions.

The internet seems to think that it is at 4500 feet too.

As the problem seems to be with the simulator, perhaps you could post a

topic at the P3D forums and see if they can fix the problem.

Archived