Orbx GB South Stansted Issue

Swifty

Since installing Orbx GB South, we have had an issue with the buildings at Stansted Airport.

The buildings have been replaced with autogen. As far as I can make out its only Stansted affected.

We had tdg stansted installed and have removed this to see if the default XP Stansted was any different but unfortunately not

I have checked the scenery packs ini file and all appears ok except:

We have a file for GB South Airports sitting above the global airports entry. We do not have a corresponding folder for GB Central Airports. Perhaps its a left over from the GB South demo? Even if this is the case, Stansted was not covered in the demo version.

Other than that the global airports are at the bottom of the list directly above the Orbx A, B & C folders for south and central.

Anyone else had these issues? Any ideas gratefully received.

• Swifty changed the title to Orbx GB South Stansted Issue

It is definately higher than Orbx in the ini file. However I think Sentry11 might have something. Looks like a 'bug' with the Orbx overwriting the airport scenery at Stansted. It looks like Aerosoft also produce an airport 'exclusion zone' file for similar issues.

Nice one guys!

It worked!! Brilliant bit of code.

Thats why I love the whole X-Plane community so much - theres always someone to help and someone to organise a free download.

Thanks so much for the help guys  :)

The big question is why haven't Orbx sorted this issue. It seems to have been known about for over a year - poor on their part I would say :(

6 hours ago, Swifty said:

It worked!! Brilliant bit of code.

Thats why I love the whole X-Plane community so much - theres always someone to help and someone to organise a free download.

Thanks so much for the help guys  :)

The big question is why haven't Orbx sorted this issue. It seems to have been known about for over a year - poor on their part I would say :(

It is not an Orbx  airport and is up to the airport dev if they want to make it compatible to any ortho/photoreal scenery with mesh. The only airports that Orbx touches are additional Orbx payware ones none of which appear in any TE addon. ALL airports in the TE range are default Laminar Gateway airports, so it was not a poor show by Orbx as Orbx have no rights to change or mod a Laminar or a freeware airport. If an individual does make mod then that is their responsibility and they need to check they are not breaching any distribution rights that may have been included in their addon.

I hope now that the situation regarding making any mods to Laminar airports is clear.

Archived